Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George

Soon we will need to rename the thread Green Destiny's Purchases

;)
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

I was a bit surprised to find this one was not available on iTunes so I purchased a copy (its the 2CD + DVD set):

Henk

Green Destiny

I noticed this one had come down a lot in price so I picked it up (its the super-deluxe box):

[asin]B00FBTYXM6[/asin]

One of the amusing things about this set is that it comes with an LP of the album. I gave away all my LP's about 15 years ago but I have noticed theres some stuff Id like to listen to again which has never been released on CD. So the plan is I will buy a stereo in future (yes I really don't own one) and I will make sure to get a turntable so I can play LP's as well :)

Green Destiny

I picked up all the U2 albums I didn't own (basically everything after Zooropa):

Henk

George

Mirror Image

Quote from: George on December 24, 2014, 09:10:55 AM

Nice haul, George. Love me some Prestige-period Miles. Happy listening.

George

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 24, 2014, 06:11:42 PM
Nice haul, George. Love me some Prestige-period Miles. Happy listening.

Thanks!

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Green Destiny

Another band I really liked in the 90's and then I stopped getting their records for whatever reason - I was very pleased to see these 2 albums which I didn't own have been given deluxe editions :):

Green Destiny

Possibly the last purchase of the year ;D:

Note: This set is digital only

Edit: I got these 2 as well - I am quite embarrassed I didn't own them before although I have been a fan of Jimi's music for a long time :o:

71 dB

I already had Jaws, E.T. and Jurassic Park I & II on Blu-ray, but after seeing how gorgeous this whole packaging is, I don't feel the 49,95 € I paid for it is that much for the four movies I was missing on Blu-ray format. Had I not bought Jaws, E.T. and Jurassic Park I & II on Blu-ray separately before, this box would have been a steal!

[asin]B00LED9EHC[/asin]

Now I have every Spielberg movie on Blu-ray except Schindler's List and Munich (which hasn't even been released yet on Blu-ray).
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

The new erato

I ordered this 2 CD set of remastered Family classics:

[asin]B00F0MX8VG[/asin]

Karl Henning

Quote from: 71 dB on December 30, 2014, 03:38:41 AM
I already had Jaws, E.T. and Jurassic Park I & II on Blu-ray, but after seeing how gorgeous this whole packaging is, I don't feel the 49,95 € I paid for it is that much for the four movies I was missing on Blu-ray format. Had I not bought Jaws, E.T. and Jurassic Park I & II on Blu-ray separately before, this box would have been a steal!

[asin]B00LED9EHC[/asin]

1941 !!!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

71 dB

Quote from: karlhenning on December 30, 2014, 06:07:58 AM
1941 !!!

I have had 1941 only as an abysmal "VHS-quality letterbox picture" NTSC-DVD. They eventually released 1941 with much better anamorphic picture, but I never bought it as I wisely waited for the movie to be released on Blu-ray. So, finally!  :)
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Green Destiny

I bought a CCR box-set today - it appears to be a digital-only release. It has the first 6 albums with bonus tracks. Heres the albums it contains:

Green Destiny

This weekends new additions:

George