Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert

Quote from: Artem on January 31, 2015, 09:38:52 PM
Sometimes Miles Davis on Prestige and, especially, Relaxin', is my all time favorite Jazz. I don't think there's ever been a better pairing of jazz musicians like Davis and Coltrane in the late 1950s. What an amazing interplay they had.

Listening to this LP (relaxing) as we speak......Also have the mono LP of KOB,  I own all those Prestige LP's....

Robert

Karl Henning

Just landed:

[asin]B00005RTBF[/asin]

A Brief History
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Henk

For the Love of Physics

Teenage book by one of Dutch prettiest actress. :) Not alone for that reason I'm gonna read it, I need this kind of art as well. (Nietzsche)
'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Henk

'It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.' (Krishnamurti)

Henk

[asin]B00NSOP9GA[/asin]

Saturated for today (and the coming time, much to digest).

Henk

Psst (So John can't hear) Also did an order with recordings by Jessie J, Iggy Azalea, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez and Nicky Minaj. And The Common Linnets recording (their song "Calm after the storm, rank at no. 2 in the Eurovision song contest, very good band).

Henk

Missed Kelly Rowland - Talk a good game. Wishlisted.

Henk

Mirror Image

George

Ordered this T Shirt last night. That's NOT me in the picture.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Mirror Image

Quote from: George on February 05, 2015, 07:16:12 PM

Ordered this T Shirt last night. That's NOT me in the picture.

Where did you order it from, George? I have  Wish You Were Here, Another Brick in the Wall, Animals, and Dark Side of the Moon t-shirts, but I don't own one of The Final Cut. I wonder if any one makes a Meddle shirt? That would be cool, too. 8)

George

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 05, 2015, 08:50:29 PM
Where did you order it from, George? I have  Wish You Were Here, Another Brick in the Wall, Animals, and Dark Side of the Moon t-shirts, but I don't own one of The Final Cut. I wonder if any one makes a Meddle shirt? That would be cool, too. 8)

EBay

George

Green Destiny

Got some new ones this week:

George

Green Destiny

Quote from: George on February 11, 2015, 03:12:05 PM
This:

Is in this:

That's right - I got the Monks Music disc earlier in the week so I could've saved myself a bit of money if I bought the box first but I wasn't sure until today.
I got another album in the box too (Art Blakey & Thelonius Monk) - I don't mind the duplication as I am getting 6 albums I don't have already :)

George

Quote from: Green Destiny on February 11, 2015, 03:24:00 PM
That's right - I got the Monks Music disc earlier in the week so I could've saved myself a bit of money if I bought the box first but I wasn't sure until today.
I got another album in the box too (Art Blakey & Thelonius Monk) - I don't mind the duplication as I am getting 6 albums I don't have already :)

Oh, ok. Just wanted to point that out, in case there was still time to cancel the other order, to save money for your next box.  >:D

Green Destiny

Quote from: George on February 11, 2015, 03:39:16 PM
Oh, ok. Just wanted to point that out, in case there was still time to cancel the other order, to save money for your next box.  >:D

Haha no worries - Thanks George ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: Green Destiny on February 11, 2015, 03:01:33 PM
Got some new ones this week:

Excellent haul, Conor. Not a bad album in the bunch IMHO. Enjoy!