Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Destiny

Bogey

This one is a favorite.  Be sure to read through the liner notes as to how this all happened.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Green Destiny

Quote from: Bogey on February 12, 2015, 02:45:01 PM

This one is a favorite.  Be sure to read through the liner notes as to how this all happened.

Excellent, thanks Bogey :)

Green Destiny

This weekends shopping:

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

George

Quote from: Bogey on February 15, 2015, 08:06:22 PM
I have this:

http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Runner-Original-Soundtrack-Translucent/dp/B00BSTVEDE/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-49&qid=1424062313

Oh, then you are all set.

Quote from: Bogey on February 15, 2015, 08:05:48 PM
Is this your favorite premium label for sound?

It varies. But that is the label that Steve Hoffman masters for these days, though he isn't the only one who masters for them.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Bogey

Green Destiny

This week:

Mirror Image

Bought these two Blu-Rays in a $7 bin at work today:

Both of these films were early favorites of mine. I'm still amazed when I watch The Neverending Story because of the characters and just the sheer magic of the story itself. I need to seek out The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth as well on Blu-Ray.

Green Destiny

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 20, 2015, 06:44:43 PM
Bought these two Blu-Rays in a $7 bin at work today:

Both of these films were early favorites of mine. I'm still amazed when I watch The Neverending Story because of the characters and just the sheer magic of the story itself. I need to seek out The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth as well on Blu-Ray.

Excellent MI great purchases - those bring back some nice memories. Love The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth as well!
TD: You reminded me I got this too:

Mirror Image

Quote from: Green Destiny on February 20, 2015, 06:52:37 PM
Excellent MI great purchases - those bring back some nice memories. Love The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth as well!
TD: You reminded me I got this too:

Very cool, Conor. Love these films. In fact, I have just made a purchase with Amazon with some Blu-Rays:

Mirror Image

Picked this set up at Walmart for $13 (w/ discount card):

Loved both of these movies for as long as I can remember. Glad to have them together in this deluxe packaging.

Bogey

Henk

Loved his music during my college years.

Henk

Henk

Henk

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé