Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Destiny

Quote from: Moonfish on February 28, 2015, 01:13:58 PM
[asin] B0029XIWCY[/asin]

I just bought this one recently too - its a really excellent box: enjoy! :)

Moonfish

Quote from: Conor71 on February 28, 2015, 04:39:38 PM
I just bought this one recently too - its a really excellent box: enjoy! :)
Yes, I think your post inspired me...    ;D
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Green Destiny

Quote from: Moonfish on February 28, 2015, 10:46:12 PM
Yes, I think your post inspired me...    ;D

Excellent! - well I have certainly bought stuff I seen you post too 8)

EigenUser

Ken alert.

I bet you'd like this treatment of dynamics (very, very mathematically rigorous). I just bought it for the class I am taking (taught by the author of the book). I doubt you have a reason to get a dynamics textbook, but if you are ever in the market for one this seems like it will be great (the professor had been emailing us PDFs before the book became available for sale, so I've been using it already).
[asin]0990696952[/asin]
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

The new erato

Just sent from the UK:

[asin]B00RUT3DTE[/asin]

Mirror Image

Just bought:

Part III of my 'birthday splurge'. I think what I'm going to do is try and collect at least two Zorn albums a month. I'm attracted to Zorn's more lyrical side, so The Dreamers, Masada, etc. will be of particular interest to me. I already have a decent sized Zorn collection, but it's hard to keep up with everything he's done since he's so prolific.

Mirror Image

Mirror Image

Bought six more Zorn albums:

Green Destiny

I know its not like me to buy a box set ??? - this is my latest purchase:

I think MI posted this one a while ago - thanks for the heads-up!. I own digital version of these albums but as often happens I want a physical product as well. This looks like a very nice box - I plan to display it in my listening room :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: Conor71 on March 18, 2015, 01:45:25 AM
I know its not like me to buy a box set ??? - this is my latest purchase:

I think MI posted this one a while ago - thanks for the heads-up!. I own digital version of these albums but as often happens I want a physical product as well. This looks like a very nice box - I plan to display it in my listening room :)

It's a pretty nice set. I wasn't too happy with the quality of the sleeves as the discs do fall out pretty easily, but I was happy to have all of these together. Of course, it wasn't too much longer after I bought this set that I sought out the older remasters and, to my surprise, they sounded better, to my ears, than the new Rhinos.

Bogey

New two cd set from Intrada.  I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this one come through.  One of my all time favorite movies and scores and now it has the edition it deserves.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Mirror Image

Bogey

Scored a copy of this yesterday for $0.98. I wish all my vinyl set me back this much.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

The new erato

I ordered these in the amazon.de short term offers yesterday.

[asin]B008I34Z8E[/asin]
[asin]B003LJNNZ6[/asin]

I've always been a Mayall fan and have about half of it, but what the heck.

71 dB

I pre-ordered The Prodigy - 'The Day Is My Enemy' album 10 days ago:

[asin]B00S2HCGUA[/asin]
Waiting for delivery...  :P

Am I the only Prodigy fan around here? Been a fan since hearing 'Charly' single on radio in 1991.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Bogey

I am not a big fan of Senate Committee hearings, but if ever there were one needed I would say that it would be for the production of my latest acquisition. Folks behind the creation of this album need to be held accountable for their actions. Fortunately for them I am sure that the statute of limitations has run its course. Trust me when I say that it is everything that you are thinking and more.

Mirror Image

Bought three of my favorite U2 albums:

War (Deluxe Edition) -

The Unforgettable Fire (Super Deluxe Edition) -

The Joshua Tree (Super Deluxe Edition) -

Bogey

Mirror Image

Just bought:

My collection of Bill Evans on Verve wasn't anywhere near complete. Now it is. 8) A little information on this reissue: I don't have to worry about rusting (like the old Verve complete set) as this is a more traditional box set. I've read horror stories of people who bought the older set and I certainly didn't want any part of that.

The new erato

Quote from: Bogey on March 30, 2015, 07:48:07 PM
Tickets to see these guys:

Amazing to see they are still at speaking terms. Did you know that Mick grew up in Oslo (at least for some years) and spoke Norwegian as a young boy?