Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

Started by MN Dave, February 07, 2008, 10:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Power Pop

Ian

Quote from: 71 dB on May 02, 2024, 01:46:09 AMFor me not liking later TD would be a limitation rather than something to be proud of. I guess I am very lucky to be able to enjoy all of their music. I just don't expect musicians to make their early albums over and over again.
It's neither pride, luck or expectations. It's a simple question of taste. Everyone differs. Sorry for being so limited.

DavidW

I bought a colour Kobo.  Do I need it?  Absolutely not!  But wow finally one of the big three has released a color eink reader.  Here it is compared to an older Kobo.

steve ridgway

Quote from: Ian on May 02, 2024, 03:24:10 AMIt's neither pride, luck or expectations. It's a simple question of taste. Everyone differs. Sorry for being so limited.

You might find some good 1970s concerts from the In Search Of Hades box set on archive.org 8).

71 dB

Quote from: Ian on May 02, 2024, 03:24:10 AMIt's neither pride, luck or expectations. It's a simple question of taste. Everyone differs. Sorry for being so limited.

My taste is not avoid of limitations either, but there is very little Tangerine Dream I don't "care about". Many fans of early TD say they lost interest around Tyger (I like Tyger, in fact "Alchemy of the Heart" is one of my favorite songs of TD), but the style of their music has changes many many times since the mid 80s. If you don't like Rockoon, maybe you like Jeanne D'Arc. If you don't like Optical Race, maybe you'll like Quantum Gate.

Edited to remove problematic content.

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

steve ridgway

Quote from: 71 dB on May 03, 2024, 07:30:34 AMMy taste is not avoid of limitations either, but there is very little Tangerine Dream I don't "care about". Many fans of early TD say they lost interest around Tyger (I like Tyger, in fact "Alchemy of the Heart" is one of my favorite songs of TD), but the style of their music has changes many many times since the mid 80s. If you don't like Rockoon, maybe you like Jeanne D'Arc. If you don't like Optical Race, maybe you'll like Quantum Gate. For me it simply is difficult to understand people who like TD up to early 80s, but NOTHING after that. Really? Is it more about attitude than actual taste?

Do you like the Pink Years albums @71 dB ? I enjoy that sort of experimentalism, also Edgar's strange remixes.

DavidW

Quote from: 71 dB on May 03, 2024, 07:30:34 AMIs it more about attitude than actual taste?

I have to intervene, this is way too strongly worded, and this is the second time here.  Please don't disparage others for not sharing your taste.

71 dB

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 03, 2024, 08:50:16 AMDo you like the Pink Years albums @71 dB ? I enjoy that sort of experimentalism, also Edgar's strange remixes.

Sure! As I mentioned, there is very little music by them I don't care about.  :)
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Peter Power Pop