The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChamberNut

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 19, 2009, 05:08:44 AM
Correct, and agreed.

So Karl....what is your Bowling score average? :P

Dr. Dread

What a nimiety of . . . riches have we here! I am quite undone.

Dr. Dread

The Internet is cloudy with opinions. I need to see the sun.

karlhenning

Quote from: MN Dave on June 19, 2009, 05:15:12 AM

This.

Quote from: ChamberNut on June 19, 2009, 05:10:22 AM

I have none;  it is decades since I rolled  8)

Catison

Quote from: ChamberNut on June 19, 2009, 05:10:22 AM

Careful it isn't candlestick bowling.  Wicked!
-Brett

Opus106

Quote from: MN Dave on June 19, 2009, 05:15:12 AM

There: the ultimate in truthiness. Happy?
Regards,
Navneeth

Dr. Dread

Dr. Dread

Is it just me? Or do you have to read drogulus's posts at least twice?

karlhenning

What Dave needs is Nielsen's Helios Overture  0:)

Brian

Quote from: MN Dave on June 19, 2009, 06:04:36 AM
Is it just me? Or do you have to read drogulus's posts at least twice?
My general policy on posts that need to be read twice is, if it needs to be read twice, I move on instead.  ;D

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Brian on June 19, 2009, 07:51:55 AM
My general policy on posts that need to be read twice is, if it needs to be read twice, I move on instead.  ;D

Heh. I'll skip over long paragraphs...in general.

Brian

Last post before going on vacation: have fun over the next few weeks, y'all!

Post over.  ;D

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Dana

Quote from: MN Dave on June 19, 2009, 07:52:41 AMHeh. I'll skip over long paragraphs...in general.

You know, that's not a very healthy view on life. If someone takes the time to say something long and involved, it's usually because the person has a well thought out and studied, not to mention timely to say, and their opinion is always worthwile! It's very rarely because the other person thinks that you're full of it and just wants to prove you wrong. I find that long, drawn out, responses tend to be written by people who have really taken the time to research the subject, and therefore have more important things to say than the rest of you peons. If variety is the spice of life, than someone else's opinion could be just the variety your life needs - the spicier the better! I personally prefer paprika and chili seasonings, which is why I always take the time to read Karl's posts. I also find Bogey's posts to regularly be both nutritious and delicious. But it doesn't really matter whose posts you read, as long as you make sure to always read the long paragraphs that people thoughtfully post on-line, to prove you wrong. Remember- it's for your own good!

But... Anyways... Yeah. Long paragraphs are important.

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Dana on June 19, 2009, 09:24:25 AM
      You know, that's not a very healthy view on life. If someone takes the time to say something long and involved, it's usually because the person has a well thought out and studied, not to mention timely to say, and their opinion is always worthwile! It's very rarely because the other person thinks that you're full of it and just wants to prove you wrong. I find that long, drawn out, responses tend to be written by people who have really taken the time to research the subject, and therefore have more important things to say than the rest of you peons. If variety is the spice of life, than someone else's opinion could be just the variety your life needs - the spicier the better! I personally prefer paprika and chili seasonings, which is why I always take the time to read Karl's posts. I also find Bogey's posts to regularly be both nutritious and delicious. But it doesn't really matter whose posts you read, as long as you make sure to always read the long paragraphs that people thoughtfully post on-line, to prove you wrong. Remember- it's for your own good!

Well, I skim them, I should have said. And the majority are very skim-able. Depends on the post-er as well.

ChamberNut

I find that long, drawn out, responses tend to be written by people who have really taken the time to research the subject, and therefore have more important things to say than the rest of you peons.

That is absolute bullsh*t!  >:(

Dr. Dread

Quote from: ChamberNut on June 19, 2009, 09:35:30 AM
That is absolute bullsh*t!  >:(

Ha. I didn't catch the "peon" thing. What an asshole.

karlhenning

Okay. But still, with Ernie's long posts . . . you can read them a second time, but you will then wonder why you bothered  ;D 0:) 8)

Dr. Dread

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 19, 2009, 09:38:57 AM
Okay. But still, with Ernie's long posts . . . you can read them a second time, but you will then wonder why you bothered  ;D 0:) 8)

Yeah, that. And some people need an editor. I find Karl can say a lot with very little.

Catison

Quote from: MN Dave on June 19, 2009, 09:37:04 AM
Ha. I didn't catch the "peon" thing. What an asshole.

LOL.  I think that was the point.
-Brett