The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgarian

I suppose bonus-seeking bankers would buy up the bad temperatures cheaply, combine them in a complicated way with some good temperatures so that you couldn't tell how bad the bad temperatures really are, and then sell them on at a profit.

Elgarian

I was just wondering - in between the usual contemplations of the eternal verities - whether there was any mileage in chatting about the way this chat thread is going. Y'know - I mean, chatting about how the chat has been so far; where we might take it in the future; whether it was a good idea in the first place; whether it was a bad idea that turned out better than expected, or whether it's just been downhill all the way. Of course some of us might think it'd be better to let it grow organically where it will; not to sit in judgement upon it, but just to indulge in the endless adventure that the thread is becoming. It may be - oh I shudder at the thought - that this intervention of my own will have some totally unforeseen negative effect on the way it develops.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I could handle that responsibility. I wish I'd thought of this earlier.

There's a small dark cupboard here. I'll just go inside, for a moment. Just carry on talking among yourselves ...

Dr. Dread

I wrote a novella where the protag is doing an awful lot of moving around with a severed foot. How possible is that?

karlhenning

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on June 30, 2009, 07:23:51 AM
I wrote a novella where the protag is doing an awful lot of moving around with a severed foot. How possible is that?

Sounds like me in this cupboard. Apart from the severed foot bit.
Just a minute though.
Where's my foot?

Oh heck. I knew there was something odd about today. I'm a character in your novella.

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Elgarian on June 30, 2009, 07:46:14 AM
Sounds like me in this cupboard. Apart from the severed foot bit.
Just a minute though.
Where's my foot?

Oh heck. I knew there was something odd about today. I'm a character in your novella.

You're welcome.

Elgarian

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Elgarian on June 30, 2009, 07:48:20 AM
Thanks. Does it have a happy ending?

All considered, yes.  0:)

karlhenning

Quote from: Elgarian on June 30, 2009, 07:48:20 AM
Thanks. Does it have a happy ending?

For some of the characters, I am sure.

Dr. Dread

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 30, 2009, 07:52:52 AM
For some of the characters, I am sure.

Yes. The bad guy isn't too perky at the end.

karlhenning

But did the bad guy have to be a Pelléas enthusiast?  0:) 8)

Dr. Dread

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on June 30, 2009, 07:56:18 AM
But did the bad guy have to be a Pelléas enthusiast?  0:) 8)

He's a violinist, in fact.  ;D

Elgarian

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Elgarian on June 30, 2009, 08:37:28 AM
Is he the chap who's got my foot?

It's around here somewhere...

ChamberNut

Can we amalgamate The Cat Thread with The Chat Thread?  There is only one letter difference.  ;D

Dr. Dread

Quote from: ChamberNut on June 30, 2009, 09:27:39 AM
Can we amalgamate The Cat Thread with The Chat Thread?  There is only one letter difference.  ;D

NO!  :P

Dr. Dread

ChamberNut

karlhenning

Dr. Dread

At least she isn't named "Leo".