The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henk

Quote from: DavidW on July 09, 2009, 08:46:08 AM
You're really blowing everything out of proportion, you seem very upset.  I didn't insult you, nor did I bully you.  There's no reason to get so upset.  I bear you no ill will.

I feel rather the opposite of being upset. Isn't saying I'm upset not just again another sign of your resentment tactics? I feel being a victim of it already, though I realize what's going on. Therefore I've tried to avoid it.

Now explain what this have to mean (in thread schoolgirl crushes):

Me:
I don't manipulate things with it.

You:
I disagree, I've seen you use it for that purpose multiple times.

later on in that thread:
You:
Snipper, I thought you were married with children.

I admit I don't understand the word "snipper" fully but the sentence sounds bullying considering the context. What did you exactly mean to say with it?

Why didn't you reply on my posts about why editing is not a bad thing?

Henk

Henk

Quote from: DavidW on July 09, 2009, 09:17:26 AM
Well if I had known how easily Henk's feelings are hurt I wouldn't have said anything! :D

Resentment tactics, David, though you may not realize.

DavidW

I hate to say it Henk, but you've done it again.  By moving your post you made Elgarian's reply look wacky because you removed the post he was replying too.  At least you posted it again, but why couldn't you just leave it alone?  Please consider my words.  Don't get in a huff, just think about it.

Henk

Quote from: Elgarian on July 09, 2009, 09:15:29 AM
Ouch. Sorry, sorry - I had no idea I was acting as a catalyst for all this reopening of wounds. Is it possible to stop it escalating again? (To this detached observer, this looks more like a series of misunderstandings, rather than actual harm being intended by anyone.) Anyway - my apologies for inadvertently relighting the fuse.

May happen. But the golden rule on an internet-forum like this might be "don't mind if there's a conflict between two members". Not suitable for real life, but here it might work.

Henk

Quote from: DavidW on July 09, 2009, 09:22:42 AM
I hate to say it Henk, but you've done it again.  By moving your post you made Elgarian's reply look wacky because you removed the post he was replying too.  At least you posted it again, but why couldn't you just leave it alone?  Please consider my words.  Don't get in a huff, just think about it.

As I said, it's a good habit to quote the text you reply on.

Henk

Elgarian

Can we start being silly again, now?

Man carrying custard pie  :D + banana skin on path  >:D = Whoops. ??? Splat. :o Umph. :'(

knight66

We have friends whose young son would vomit at the very word 'banana.' Of course, his class mates clued into this and there was an uncomfortably frequent telephone call the gist of which was.....please come and fetch your son, he has been sick on my feet YET AGAIN.

I don't know why the teacher kept risking such proximity. She may have tauget, but she did not seem to learn.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Brian

Quote from: knight on July 09, 2009, 02:35:02 PM
We have friends whose young son would vomit at the very word 'banana.' Of course, his class mates clued into this and there was an uncomfortably frequent telephone call the gist of which was.....please come and fetch your son, he has been sick on my feet YET AGAIN.

I don't know why the teacher kept risking such proximity. She may have tauget, but she did not seem to learn.

Mike
He wouldn't last long reading the polls on this forum.  ;D Poor guy.

Henk

Slim girls are attractive to men, fuller girls are attractive to men because they are more attractive than slim girls. There is a thought behind this.  ;) ;D

Which type do you prefer?

Henk

karlhenning

I like the RIP Michael Jackson thread much better than the Mozart is a fraud? thread

Henk

Pop music is tasty to me, jazz is fine to me, classical music is ? (I don't know) to me.

knight66

Well Karl, one must at least admire your application to a thread you did not so much enjoy.

I don't feel obliged to contribute in any significant way if I don't enjoy the thread.

Mike

Elgarian

I can't be bothered with the Mozart is a Fraud thread.

Does this mean I'm uninquisitive? Complacent? Just plain bad?

knight66

matti

Quote from: Elgarian on July 10, 2009, 12:27:35 PM
I can't be bothered with the Mozart is a Fraud thread.

Does this mean I'm uninquisitive? Complacent? Just plain bad?

It was kind of fun the first time around, although the milk went sour many times even then. The second helping... only for the ultra-masochists with tummies of iron.

knight66

And the constitution of a dead horse.

Mike

DavidW

Quote from: knight on July 10, 2009, 01:22:56 PM
And the constitution of a dead horse.

Mike

Hey that describes me on this day of 100+ (Fahrenheit) heat. :P

Brian

I am posting an internet meme here to apologize to Sara for disagreeing with her in the listening thread. :(

http://www.youtube.com/v/ELyTBXzfQJ8

Elgarian

I haven't looked at the RIP Michael Jackson thread either.

Elgarian

Quote from: Brian on July 10, 2009, 01:31:04 PM
I am posting an internet meme here to apologize to Sara for disagreeing with her in the listening thread.

Did it come to blows? Articles of furniture being thrown about? Or was it restricted to icy stares?

[Footnote: that video is ever so funny.]