The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Brian

Knew I shoulda read that thread sooner!

Crap, now every time I click the friend request button it has an error message again.
Come back to my place? http://www.facebook.com/breinhart

Dr. Dread

knight66

Can someone talk Brian down please? I have dialled 911.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Brian on August 06, 2009, 06:41:30 AM
Knew I shoulda read that thread sooner!

Crap, now every time I click the friend request button it has an error message again.
Come back to my place? http://www.facebook.com/breinhart

I can't access from work but will work out later. :)

Brian

Added thou.

You look like a mean 'un in your profile picture, but that's okay because in mine I look like a pussy cat.  :D

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Brian on August 06, 2009, 06:43:21 AM
Added thou.

You look like a mean 'un in your profile picture, but that's okay because in mine I look like a pussy cat.  :D

I have to change that picture. I'm not really that mean.

knight66

It is not merkin time of year again is it? That Dave, I think he looks like a big baby.

But like I said when my wife got her hair cut and she did not like it....it will grow.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

karlhenning

Quote from: MN Dave on August 06, 2009, 06:34:55 AM
I have two GMG Facebook friends and one of them is not you.

And the other is not me!  :o

Dr. Dread

Brian

BBC:
Micro-blogging service Twitter was taken offline in what the company believes was a co-ordinated attack.

The popular site has been subject to a so-called denial-of-service attack, according to the firm's official blog.

Denial-of-service attacks take various forms but often involve a company's servers being flooded with data in an effort to disable them.

The outage began Thursday morning but the geographic scale of the attack is still not known.

"On this otherwise happy Thursday morning, Twitter is the target of a denial of service attack," said company co-founder Biz Stone on the company's blog.

"Attacks such as this are malicious efforts orchestrated to disrupt and make unavailable services such as online banks, credit card payment gateways, and in this case, Twitter for intended customers or users."

Dr. Dread

Some people need a frakkin life.  >:(

Elgarian

Quote from: knight on August 06, 2009, 06:28:29 AM
Phone me if you get the urge, day or night. That is the urge to buy CDs.

It used to be the urge to smoke, many years ago. My way of stopping was to replace an uncontrollable unhealthy addiction (smoking) with another uncontrollable healthy one (books and art and music). So here, 20 years later, all my books and pictures and CDs have been paid for not by me, but by the tobacco companies. Let them put that in their pipes and smoke it, say I. I just did a rough calculation. It's cost them about £30,000 so far.

Actually, I'm going to be away most of next week, so I want to avoid missing the pleasure of parcels of musical fun arriving in the post. Hence the CD-buying restraint. But just watch me when I get back. I'll be CD-Buying-Superboy.

karlhenning

Just watch his smoke (as it were)!

Henk

In exaltation of my previous posts (In "Interesting romantic composers"), which I better could post in this thread. Now extra stimulating this exaltation with Prince's latest, in repeat Forever (thinking about the girl who I would like to be my girl) and Colonized Mind.

Elgarian

I have failed.

Foolishly, I checked to see if Hyperion had a new 'bottom ten'. They did.

Brian

Quote from: Elgarian on August 06, 2009, 12:19:01 PM
I have failed.

Foolishly, I checked to see if Hyperion had a new 'bottom ten'. They did.
That might be a good thing. Their last bottom ten had at least three discs I was tempted to pick up.

Elgarian

Quote from: Brian on August 06, 2009, 12:21:47 PM
That might be a good thing.

Ah, Brian - not when I was trying to prove to myself that I am a Man of Iron Will Power, it's not. That list of theirs will be the ruin of me. It's turned me into a feeble flab of a person who can't just say no. 'Oh, only one more,' squeaks the little internal voice, and over the edge I go.

Elgarian

Incidentally, if anyone out there is wondering about how they might make a major melodrama out of a tiny substanceless peanut, I'll be glad to pass on some tips.

DavidW

Rage over a lost penny? ;D