The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgarian

Are you continuing to feel better, Mike?

knight66

Thanks, yes, at last on the mend and actually went out for a while this evening.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

DavidW

Quote from: knight on August 08, 2009, 02:38:14 PM
Thanks, yes, at last on the mend and actually went out for a while this evening.

Mike

Nice! :)

No ploppification for me, Carter is for another day. :'(

Oh that's right I still have cds from earlier this week that I haven't even listened to once yet! :D

karlhenning

Quote from: knight on August 08, 2009, 02:38:14 PM

Mike

(* pounds the table *)

(* then sips hot tea *)

Elgarian

I'm away for a few days to potter about among ruined abbeys and castles in Norfolk, and drink large quantities of tea in tea gardens. Don't say anything interesting while I'm gone. Or if you do, remember to tell me about it at the end of the week.

Brian

Szykneij

Quote from: Brian on August 09, 2009, 05:37:48 PM
Jury duty tomorrow!

It's been quite a while since I've been called.  Do you want to be picked for a jury?
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Brian

Quote from: Szykniej on August 09, 2009, 05:52:48 PM
It's been quite a while since I've been called.  Do you want to be picked for a jury?
It depends. I am going back to college on Friday, so if the trial is less than three days, sure. If it's longer, however ... well, there could be problems.  ;D

Dr. Dread

Brian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 09, 2009, 06:42:49 PM
Don't go to college.
Hmm, does MN Dave Studios have an internship position open this winter?  :P

Brian

1. Mike, how often are we going to be enjoying the pleasure of your company in the coming months? I've read some disconcerting things in The Economist about impending blackouts in England.

2. Jury duty was fun. I didn't have to sit on a jury. I was part of a group of 30 under consideration for a DWI trial. The defense attorney got a chance to question us and really hammed it up, playing to the lowest common denominator and basically making his argument even though the case had not yet begun.  ;D  He said "y'all" a lot despite having a slick east-coast accent, and mocked the articulate prosecutor by saying things like, "I don't understand big fancy words like that." He told us he was from a rural hillbilly high school, and indeed, I have visited his high school and their sports team name is the "Battlin' Billies." Eventually he got around to me and found out I go to Rice University. His eyes got wide, he told me I must be really smart, and after he finished questioning everybody and jotted down his little list of jurors to keep and eliminate, I was told my services were no longer required.
;D

karlhenning

Glad I had a sweater on the refrigerator bus this morning.

Szykneij

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 11, 2009, 04:29:33 AM
Glad I had a sweater on the refrigerator bus this morning.

Karl, when you step outside this afternoon, I think you'll be hoping that bus comes back for you.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Opus106

Anyone in the market for conductors?
Regards,
Navneeth

Brian

I'll be back Sunday, guys. Time to move to college!

karlhenning

Quote from: Brian on August 13, 2009, 08:50:22 AM

That time of year!  Success to you, Brian!

karlhenning

Quote from: Szykniej on August 11, 2009, 12:14:52 PM
Karl, when you step outside this afternoon, I think you'll be hoping that bus comes back for you.

True enow, Tony: I was glad for both the bus, and my sweater  8)

karlhenning

Met another composer at the MFA shop last night, a gent who has also worked with Judith Shatin.

Père Malfait

Quote from: Brian on August 13, 2009, 08:50:22 AM

Best of luck to you!
Lee T. Nunley, MA, PMP, CSM
Organist, Harpsichordist, Musicologist, Project Manager

Harry

A chat thread huh, well what about live video chats rooms with GMG members. We go on cam with say 6-8 members and discuss happily about all sort of things. ;D
We could make a friends list. Anyone that comes in the room that wants to fight or use inapproprate language we either kick out of the room as a warning, or ban them all together. As the moderator of your own video chat room, your are the king.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like fun.
;D