The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChamberNut

Quote from: Harry on August 13, 2009, 09:13:19 AM
A chat thread huh, well what about live video chats rooms with GMG members. We go on cam with say 6-8 members and discuss happily about all sort of things. ;D
We could make a friends list. Anyone that comes in the room that wants to fight or use inapproprate language we either kick out of the room as a warning, or ban them all together. As the moderator of your own video chat room, your are the king.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like fun.
;D

Keep it clean, guys & girls.  Keep it clean!  ;D

Opus106

Quote from: ChamberNut on August 13, 2009, 09:15:09 AM
Keep it clean, guys & girls.  Keep it clean!  ;D

Yeah, no 12-tone, atonal stuff. :P ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

knight66

Brian, I hope the move goes well; give us a run down.

I know nothing about possible black-outs; though they would not surprise me. This supposed third richest economy in the world feels increasingly like a banana republic.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Brian

Thanks, guys! Move is finished, now just gotta start unpacking. Luckily I have no roommate this year and a set of speakers, so it's Bruckner tonight! Such a great way to begin.  0:)

DavidW

Nice Brian!  When I was a freshman in college I always liked to do my math homework while listening to Bruckner. ;D

Brian

Quote from: DavidW on August 14, 2009, 05:41:57 PM
Nice Brian!  When I was a freshman in college I always liked to do my math homework while listening to Bruckner. ;D
You should write a book called The Bruckner Effect.  >:D

ChamberNut

For me...anytime is a great time for a Bruckner Symphony.  Just like a Mars bar a day....at work, rest and play!  :D

PaulR

Quote from: Brian on August 14, 2009, 06:09:49 PM
You should write a book called The Bruckner Effect.  >:D
I would buy it...........

greg

I think I play Bruckner much more than anyone when driving to work...

knight66

How far do you have to drive? I would not put in a Bruckner disc unless I had at least a half hour run. I don't like to chop such works up.

Listening to Dvorak's 5th as I write...verdent music on a grey morning.

Mike

Elgarian

Creeping in briefly to say hello. Tea has been drunk. Ruins have been explored.

knight66

And yet; Stands the Church clock not yet at ten to three?

Mike

Elgarian

In fact, no honey was consumed with the tea at any time - so Rupert Brooke would have been disappointed I think.

Dr. Dread

Hello, my friends.

I really can't think of one piece of classical I need at the moment. That's a good thing, right?  :)

karlhenning

Do you mean no classical music you need to listen to? (A bad thing, IMO)  Or, need to run out and buy? (Not at all a bad thing, esp. for the wallet.)

Dr. Dread

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 17, 2009, 05:36:37 AM
Do you mean no classical music you need to listen to? (A bad thing, IMO)  Or, need to run out and buy? (Not at all a bad thing, esp. for the wallet.)

Run out and buy. Sorry.

karlhenning

Then, I do rejoice with you!  0:)

karlhenning

Mercy . . . I was just leafing through the last twenty pages of the Lucchesi is a Fraud? thread. Entirely worth it for the amusement value of R. Newman asking, "Any evidence, David?"

DavidW

I have a feeling that phrase will keep coming back to haunt me on this forum. ;D

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on August 17, 2009, 05:00:22 AM
I really can't think of one piece of classical I need at the moment. That's a good thing, right?  :)

Part of me wishes I'd achieved that happy state of contentment. The other part of me says order another CD and stop being silly.

I'm at the mercy of my own tug o' war.