The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Dread

Quote from: DavidW on August 21, 2009, 07:17:28 AM
Yup bananas need to be included. :)

Yep. And a headbangin' classical dude.

greg

We need a Xenakis smiley- one with a dent in its cheek and blind eye, carrying a piece of staff paper in one hand that's 6 feet long with 300 staves and a book of advanced calculus and statistics in the other.  8)

Opus106

My home city of Chennai, formerly Madras, formerly Mardraspatnam and variants thereof, turns 370 today. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Dr. Dread

Opus106

Thanks! Where's the cake? ;D (And no, I don't accept animated GIFs. :P)
Regards,
Navneeth

Dr. Dread

There's an 82% chance you're a Hindu!

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

DavidW

Quote from: opus106 on August 21, 2009, 06:51:38 PM
Thanks! Where's the cake? ;D (And no, I don't accept animated GIFs. :P)

The cake is a lie! ;D

That totally doesn't get old, especially on a forum where 95% of the posters will have no idea what I'm talking about. :D

Dr. Dread

Quote from: opus106 on August 21, 2009, 06:58:47 PM
82.27%, actually. ;)

;D

I was surprised by the lack of Buddhists. I guess I don't know much about your part of the world.  :-\

Brian

Roses are red
Violets are blue
All my base
Are belong to you
/best poem of the 21st century

Dr. Dread

DavidW

Brian that's a twentieth century meme (21st century my ass)! :D  Lost popularity before the 90s even ended. ;D

Opus106

Quote from: MN Dave on August 22, 2009, 05:03:56 AM
I was surprised by the lack of Buddhists. I guess I don't know much about your part of the world.  :-\

Not many here. In fact, not many in the south of the country. (However, you can find small pockets of monks (refugees from Tibet, mostly) in places like Karnataka.) More in the northern and eastern regions. That is where you will also find a lot of monastries, stupas, places where Buddha is said to have stayed, and of course Bodh Gaya -- the place where it all started. :)

Regards,
Navneeth

Brian

Quote from: DavidW on August 22, 2009, 06:12:59 AM
Brian that's a twentieth century meme (21st century my ass)! :D  Lost popularity before the 90s even ended. ;D
Crud.  ;D  I hate being unintentionally retro.

DavidW

Quote from: Brian on August 22, 2009, 08:30:21 AM
Crud.  ;D  I hate being unintentionally retro.

S'all right, we're all retro here. ;D

greg

Quote from: DavidW on August 22, 2009, 09:09:59 AM
S'all right, we're all retro here. ;D
Yeah, man, we're a century or two more retro than most people...

DavidW

Quote from: Greg on August 22, 2009, 06:14:59 PM
Yeah, man, we're a century or two more retro than most people...

Well for a little while I got to feel current when I listened to a Carter cd of works written in the last few years.  But then I remembered that only like 1 in 10,000 people listen to Carter. :'(

greg

Quote from: DavidW on August 22, 2009, 06:19:24 PM
Well for a little while I got to feel current when I listened to a Carter cd of works written in the last few years.  But then I remembered that only like 1 in 10,000 people listen to Carter. :'(
Ha, 1 in 10,000?  ;D
I bet it's more like 1 in 20 or 30,000 that actually regularly listens to him.  ;D
(sadly)

ChamberNut

this place is a ghost town.  ???