The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

I like bean burritos.  People around me might not like me liking bean burritos though. :)

;D

Elgarian

Quote from: DavidW on August 27, 2009, 12:55:32 PM
I like bean burritos.  People around me might not like me liking bean burritos though. :)

I have never even had a bean burrito. What kind of a life is that? I ask you? But may I say, also, that I applaud your liking of bean burritos, and wish you well in your future burrito experiences.

DavidW

Quote from: Elgarian on August 27, 2009, 01:08:58 PM
I have never even had a bean burrito. What kind of a life is that? I ask you? But may I say, also, that I applaud your liking of bean burritos, and wish you well in your future burrito experiences.

Your life is less gassy.  You'll have to compensate for that with hot balloon rides at dawn. ;D

Elgarian

Quote from: DavidW on August 27, 2009, 01:20:09 PM
Your life is less gassy.  You'll have to compensate for that with hot balloon rides at dawn. ;D

Hot balloon rides v Bean burritos. That's a tough one, but the equivalence is clear. We have understanding here. We have communication. We have (dare I say it?) lift-off.

Dana

Quote from: Elgarian on August 27, 2009, 12:50:17 PMI feel fed up and beleaguered, and rather despondent about the possibility of anybody ever understanding anybody else most of the time.

What?

knight66

I am back, but not for long; away again tomorrow. Now....tell me if that is not clear and I will go drown myself.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Elgarian

Quote from: knight on August 28, 2009, 12:40:37 AM
I am back, but not for long; away again tomorrow. Now....tell me if that is not clear and I will go drown myself.

So let's check that I've got this straight. You're still away, and will stay away for a long time, but you're coming back yesterday.

See? No need for all this silly defeatist talk at all.  ;)

matti

Quote from: knight on August 28, 2009, 12:40:37 AM

Mike

Now, where exactly are you going to drown yourself? From what you've told me, even the fish in your pond need feet to move around this year.

knight66

I could drown myself in Strauss music...or a good book. So literal!

Mike

DavidW

Drowning by Viennese waltz, I like the sound of that. :)

Dr. Dread

Every day is Sunday to a bird.

karlhenning

Quote from: Elgarian on August 27, 2009, 12:50:17 PM
I feel fed up and beleaguered, and rather despondent about the possibility of anybody ever understanding anybody else most of the time.

So please somebody, say something pleasant, but easy. But however easy you think it is, be warned that I may not understand you, and you may not understand any reply I might make. You may not even understand this. I may not even understand it myself.

:o (I find this generally to be the most useful of the smilies.)

I do hope you have a lovely, relaxing, uplifting weekend, mon vieux.

karlhenning

Quote from: Elgarian on August 27, 2009, 01:08:58 PM
I have never even had a bean burrito. What kind of a life is that? I ask you?

Even a life without bean burritos, is worth the living.

Just saying.

Life without tea, that's another affair.

karlhenning

Dana

ChamberNut

Quote from: DavidW on August 27, 2009, 12:55:32 PM
I like bean burritos.   ;D

I like any kind of burritos! Although I cannot play a musical instrument, I can emulate some beautiful bassoon and tuba passages when I load up on these.  ;D

Bassoonheit!

knight66

Quote from: MN Dave on August 28, 2009, 05:04:04 AM
Every day is Sunday to a bird.

Especially to a stuffed chicken awaiting carving for Sunday lunch.

Mike

Elgarian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 28, 2009, 05:36:46 AM
I do hope you have a lovely, relaxing, uplifting weekend, mon vieux.

I just knew you'd hit the right note. Merci, Monsieur, et mes autres braves.

Dr. Dread

There may be some music shopping in store for me with all these GMG greatest hits threads popping up. Mozart, now Bach.