The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

Oh, sad. My cat brought me a dead greenfinch every day, 4 days long. 4 Bird funerals which I've done...

I asked my neighbor if he had an idea about why the  cat has such a success exclusively with greenfinches. Usually she's got only very few sucess over the year, fortunately.

Yes, he read in the newspaper...:

Trichomonas gallinae kills many Greenfinches in Germany. (Google translation)
http://www.geo.de/GEO/natur/tiere/61450.html (German)

So probably my cat brought me dead or almost-dead birds. My neighbor said he's seen some birds just sitting around, not trying to escape any more...

MN Dave

Did you enjoy these gifts from your cat?

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

No I don't, I like birds very much. We've got many blackbirds here, not a beauty, but the best singer!
I cannot prevent my cat from being successful. Usually it's only mice. But also 1 or 2 birds a year.

I heard in some areas of the U.S. cats have a reputation as good as pigs in muslim states or doves in German cities...

MN Dave

I like kitties but I'm slightly allergic and my wife is full-blown allergic.  :-X

Dana

Quote from: Wurstwasser on September 07, 2009, 04:52:33 AMNo I don't, I like birds very much.

Don't be too hard on the cat. It's just trying to tell you that it loves you :-*

knight66

I don't like the birds that crap on my car. Whenever I go to Gloucester, the seagulls use my car for target practice. Rats with wings.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Dana on September 07, 2009, 08:41:09 AM
Don't be too hard on the cat.

It is Le Chat thread after all.....

;D
Olivier

Papy Oli

Quote from: knight on September 07, 2009, 10:28:17 AM
I don't like the birds that crap on my car. Whenever I go to Gloucester, the seagulls use my car for target practice. Rats with wings.

Mike

fit these on your car to give it some street cred.... http://www.flockoff.co.uk/

>:D
Olivier

MN Dave

Quote from: knight on September 07, 2009, 10:28:17 AM

Mike

Yet all the surrounding cars are spotless.

knight66

Dave, exactly that did happen to me recently. I looked at all the cars around mine, spotless.

Papy, those spikes will not work unless they are about 90 feet long. They don't sit on the car, merely dive bomb it.

Yesterday I went out to use the car. Stupidly I had parked it under a tree, it was like a Jackson Pollock canvas. The birds had been ingesting pink berries. My car was splatted pink through to dark wine shades. It is clean today. Who knows what tomorrow brings.

Mike

Papy Oli

Quote from: knight on September 07, 2009, 11:29:41 AM
it was like a Jackson Pollock canvas.

you can't fault them on taste... ;D
Olivier

knight66

I can honestly say that tasting it never entered my mind.

Mike

DavidW

I would think the constant rain would keep your car clean. ;D

Papy Oli

Quote from: knight on September 07, 2009, 12:09:43 PM
I can honestly say that tasting it never entered my mind.

Mike

add garlic....  :P
Olivier

MN Dave

Why was that thread locked?  ???

karlhenning

MN Dave

haha. Not that one.

Anyway, that Bach thread shouldn't have been locked either.

Elgarian

What's happened to MN Dave? Is MN Dave an adequate substitute?

karlhenning

Who left this big empty pod here?