The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgarian

I never thought they were worth much in the first place. I'm glad to see the back of them.

karlhenning

Down in Havana there's a funny looking bubba,
He plays the rhumba on the tuba down in Cuba . . . .

MN Dave

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 10, 2009, 05:34:36 AM
Down in Havana there's a funny looking bubba,
He plays the rhumba on the tuba down in Cuba . . . .

I hope that wasn't supposed to rhyme.

karlhenning

They sing it to rhyme.  I wonder how the word at the end of the first line needs to be spelled.

Elgarian

The question I need to ask is: is Dave feeling better for the change?

MN Dave

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on September 10, 2009, 01:47:03 PM
??? I am corn-fused.

I'm not surprised. You've been through a difficult transition period, but I think the worst may be over now.

MN Dave

I'm as happy as a kitten up a tree.

MN Dave

A professional author I know asked me when I'm going to write a crime novel.

Oh, the pressure.

ChamberNut

karlhenning

MN Dave

I expressed my concern about not having written one before and asked about the word count--certain types of novels are expected to be within a certain range. I'm sort of pumped about it now but I have other things going on.

karlhenning

I wish it were next March already.

Elgarian

This place is turning into a sanctuary for lost and distressed rodents.

DavidW

Quote from: Elgarian on September 11, 2009, 06:59:28 AM

Eek! :o

karlhenning

Quote from: Elgarian on September 11, 2009, 06:59:28 AM

Interviewer  And what was your reaction to this? 
Man  Well I was shocked. But, er... gradually I came to feel that I was more at ease ... with other mice.

Elgarian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 11, 2009, 07:04:16 AM
Interviewer  And what was your reaction to this? 
Man  Well I was shocked. But, er... gradually I came to feel that I was more at ease ... with other mice.

Well, you can joke about it now, Dr Henning, but what about when we see them all start to jump overboard? We'll all know then what's about to happen to the ship, won't we?

Franco

Quote from: MN Dave on September 11, 2009, 05:42:14 AM
I expressed my concern about not having written one before and asked about the word count--certain types of novels are expected to be within a certain range. I'm sort of pumped about it now but I have other things going on.

I used to read crime fiction a lot but haven't in a long time.  In fact, I'm giving away all my books - a lot of Elmore Leonard, Tony Hillerman and others of that ilk, with some George Simenon thrown in.  I like the structure of a good crime novel, and the series allows real development of a character or group of characters.  But my time is not as free as it once was and I have to focus my reading more deliberately nowadays. 

karlhenning

I used to steal crime fiction.

(No, that's a crime fiction.)

MN Dave

Quote from: Franco on September 11, 2009, 08:14:20 AM
I used to read crime fiction a lot but haven't in a long time.  In fact, I'm giving away all my books - a lot of Elmore Leonard, Tony Hillerman and others of that ilk, with some George Simenon thrown in.  I like the structure of a good crime novel, and the series allows real development of a character or group of characters.  But my time is not as free as it once was and I have to focus my reading more deliberately nowadays. 

Well, you had some fun there.