The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opus106

That's all I can takes, and I can't takes no smores.
Regards,
Navneeth

Benji

What's smores, precious?

karlhenning

Girlies make them out of graham crackers, marshmallows, and heaven knows what else.

Benji

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 21, 2009, 07:59:11 AM
Girlies make them out of graham crackers, marshmallows, and heaven knows what else.

Well if i'm not mistaken, a graham cracker is what in the home of biscuits, Ruddy Great Britain, we call a digestive biscuit.

Digestives and marshmallow's are often combined with butter, sometimes with chocolate and glace cherries, to make a diabetic nightmare of a snack called Rocky Road. Perhaps that's our equivalent of your smores. I have toothache just thinking about it.  :-\

Novi

Is anyone else familiar with a mars bar slice or is this purely an Australian culinary phenomenon?

Melt a lot of mars bars. Melt some butter. Melt some chocolate. Melt some more butter. Set in the fridge. Or something like that.
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

Benji

Quote from: Novi on October 21, 2009, 08:37:57 AM
Is anyone else familiar with a mars bar slice or is this purely an Australian culinary phenomenon?

Melt a lot of mars bars. Melt some butter. Melt some chocolate. Melt some more butter. Set in the fridge. Or something like that.

We have that in Scotland too. This is the home of the deep friend Mars Bar. There's nothing you can do with a Mars Bar that they haven't thought of already.  :-X

Novi

Quote from: Benji on October 21, 2009, 08:40:25 AM
We have that in Scotland too. This is the home of the deep friend Mars Bar. There's nothing you can do with a Mars Bar that they haven't thought of already.  :-X

I had a bite of one of those once, in the interest of a full Scottish experience. It did occur to me at that point that the chippie likely wouldn't have an oil vat segregation system in place to appease my poor little vegetarian sensibilities. :-X ;D

(It was gross, regardless :P).
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen

MN Dave

THEN YE'RE LUCKY YOU DINNA HAVE THE HAGGIS!

Novi

Quote from: MN Dave on October 21, 2009, 09:00:51 AM
THEN YE'RE LUCKY YOU DINNA HAVE THE HAGGIS!

There were likely errant bits of fried haggis in that oily morass, Mr McDave. >:D
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen

Brahmsian

I hear they have deep-fried pickles in North Dakota.  Is this something that is common elsewhere?

Papy Oli

Quote from: Novi on October 21, 2009, 08:37:57 AMMelt a lot of mars bars. Melt some butter. Melt some chocolate. Melt some more butter. Set in the fridge. Or something like that.

Chocaholics Anonymous would strongly disapprove of that message !

*note to self : go to shop tomorrow, get Mars bars, butter......*

;D
Olivier

knight66

Then go to the Hotel du Vin in Edinburgh and have their Scottish take on Petite Fores. Apart from Iron Bru Turkish Delight they have deep fried Mars Bar. It is something that I had avoided until then, but at the du Vin, it is light with a very light batter and only a small amount of it, not the whole thing coated in fish batter and fried along with the fish and sausages.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

MN Dave

knight66

Hi there Dave. I see you have been imaginatively filling the diner with your magic.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

karlhenning

At times, Dave's cave leaves nothing to the imagination . . . .

DavidW

Quote from: knight on October 21, 2009, 12:33:56 PM
Hi there Dave. I see you have been imaginatively filling the diner with your magic.

Mike

That's what Papageno and JdP do too! ;D

Szykneij

Quote from: Novi on October 21, 2009, 06:52:31 AM
Oh dear. :-\
If you accidentally type archivmusic.com, you're redirected to arkivmusic.com
If you accidentally type archiv.com, you're redirected to a girlie site.

And if you purposely type archiv.com, you're still redirected to that site!   :o   >:D   ;D
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

karlhenning

Opus106

Quote from: Szykniej on October 22, 2009, 02:08:55 AM
And if you purposely type archiv.com, you're still redirected to that site!   :o   >:D   ;D

:D ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Szykneij

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige