The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgarian

Quote from: Amvend on November 18, 2009, 07:38:08 AM
I like a man who likes Pooh.

*checks spelling*

I think MN Dave would have liked Pooh too, but he isn't here to ask.

Benji

Quote from: Amvend on November 18, 2009, 07:38:08 AM
I like a man who likes Pooh.

*checks spelling*

But a man who likes bears is another matter (and another forum) entirely...  :o

knight66

Well, there's bears and then there are bears.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Elgarian

Quote from: knight on November 18, 2009, 11:29:25 AM
Well, there's bears and then there are bears.

You mean ... there's Rupert ... and then there's Pooh?

knight66

That kind of sums it up.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Benji

Quote from: Elgarian on November 18, 2009, 11:33:33 AM
You mean ... there's Rupert ... and then there's Pooh?

Sure, why not. Now, Rupert and Pooh may come to be very good friends, having bonded over many a good game of pooh sticks. 

greg

I just found the myspace and facebook profiles of a friend I haven't even seen for 8 or 9 years.  ;D

I had actually searched several times over the course of 2 years or so, never finding anything. I read a few of his myspace blogs, and he sounds even more like a really intelligent and respectable guy than before- somehow, even though as a kid he was spoiled rotten (he had every video game system there was in his room, tons of games, and a dad that would buy him anything he wanted, etc.).

He also had uploaded some sort of "hibachi" video where he flips spatulas- and it's actually pretty cool because he's good at it.

But, I'm not going to add him as a friend... that would just be awkward...  :-X

Scarpia

Boy, this place is dead.

CD

It's 10 PM on a Wednesday night, what do you expect?

MN Dave

Quote from: Corey on November 18, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
It's 10 PM on a Wednesday night, what do you expect?

No! It's 9 PM!

CD

Does anybody really know what time it is?

MN Dave

Scarpia

Quote from: Corey on November 18, 2009, 06:01:48 PM
Does anybody really know what time it is?

Does anybody really care?

drogulus

No,Greg,please go on. This is riveting!!

(about time, oh no-o-o-o....)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Benji

Quote from: Opus106 on November 19, 2009, 12:07:58 PM
Care for a cup of tea and some biscuits?

That's the quickest way to a British gent's heart, a nice cup of tea and some biscuits. If you're ever in the UK and get invited to partake in this little ritual, you're in there!

Here's an interesting story from a website with a name that is just typically British.

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/news/?id=236

Quote from: Brahmsian on November 19, 2009, 11:42:48 AM
En francais, a biscuit is a cookie.  What's a biscuit for an Englishman?

Ah the definition of a biscuit...something the British take very seriously. For example, there is much heated pub debating to be done on the subject of whether a jaffa cake (a light sponge with an disc of orange flavoured jelly, half coated in chocolate) is a biscuit, or in fact a small cake. I am not joking, this conversation happens with alarming regularity - many Brits of all generations will have had the discussion - i'm sure someone will back me up on that. :D

Opus106

Thanks for the link, Benji. After reading that, I plan on catching some Zeds ;)... have quite a bit of work ahead of me tomorrow. Good day to you, sir. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Benji

Quote from: Opus106 on November 19, 2009, 12:29:12 PM
Thanks for the link, Benji. After reading that, I plan on catching some Zeds ;)... have quite a bit of work ahead of me tomorrow. Good day to you, sir. :)

And a good day to you too, kind sir. Sleep well old chap.  :D

MN Dave

I say! Pip pip and all that rot!  :P

Elgarian

Speaking of Rupert: it always puzzled me that at Christmas or on birthdays Rupert and his chums always received the same presents (albeit differently distributed each year). They were always, I seem to recall, sport-orientated: a football, a cricket bat, a model yacht, and a tennis racket, and that was pretty much the limit as far as imaginative gifts went. It always struck me as the only serious drawback to living in Nutwood.