The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethevich

Quote from: Elgarian on January 24, 2010, 11:43:55 AM
This is entirely unrelated to the ongoing discussion except for the fact that I drove through Crewkerne twice last week and did not stop to visit the secondhand bookshop on either occasion.

My pulse seems OK. Blood pressure reasonable. But there must be something wrong with me.
Hehe, they had two tables of ones for £1 each outside last time I went (about a month ago), but I'm afraid I took all the good ones :P
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

greg

Ugh... so after the last person in the store who I actually really enjoy talking to (because of similar interests) leaves in 2 weeks, I'll have no one I'll really feel like talking to.  ::)

I do work around a bunch of cute girls- sounds great in theory- but, I hate to say it, but they're really boring. The only time I'm not bored to death by just looking at them is when I'm either playing around with them or acting silly or whatever. Having a conversation with them is okay, but I swear, it'd be nice if one of them actually said something genuinely interesting for once.  :-\

I once compared them to Spongebob characters... one was Patrick because she always stares into space with her mouth open- another is Sandy because she's crazy and constantly hitting me- one is Pearl because she's too dramatic with uninteresting things- and another was Mrs.Puff, although that one really didn't make any sense.

Elgarian

Quote from: Lethe on January 24, 2010, 12:27:28 PM
Hehe, they had two tables of ones for £1 each outside last time I went (about a month ago), but I'm afraid I took all the good ones :P

When I eventually do get to visit it, I'll remember to take a wheelbarrow with me.

MN Dave

I had an ear wash at the doc's so now everything sounds squeaky clean!  ;D

Elgarian

Quote from: Beethovenian on January 28, 2010, 12:33:53 PM

We'll try to remember to whisper for the next few days.

MN Dave

It's disgusting for the nurse I'm sure.  :P

greg

THAT'S AWESOME, DAVE!!!!!!!!

MN Dave

DavidW

Quote from: Beethovenian on January 28, 2010, 12:33:53 PM

I used to do that but now I just dyi that.  Much cheaper (even post insurance). :)

Elgarian

DavidW

Quote from: Elgarian on January 29, 2010, 01:04:07 AM
How?

Just 5 drops in one year, lie down with head tilted (to keep it in) for 10 minutes and then irrigate.  Repeat with other ear.  Works just as well as going into the dr's office. :)

MN Dave

But I'll miss that thrilling sensation of a huge syringe shooting peroxide water into my ear!

Elgarian

Quote from: Beethovenian on January 29, 2010, 08:19:15 AM
But I'll miss that thrilling sensation of a huge syringe shooting peroxide water into my ear!

The vibrations from that process mangle up my eustacian tubes, so that my ears feel blocked and uncomfortable for weeks or even months afterwards - so I stopped having it done. DavidW's system sounds a lot less agonising! (Thanks DW.)

MN Dave

Oh, sorry, Elgy. I don't have this problem. Happy you found a solution to that build-up.

DavidW

Quote from: Beethovenian on January 29, 2010, 09:03:39 AM
Happy you found a solution to that build-up.

That's what she said! ;D

knight66

Are we still talking about ears?

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

karlhenning

♫ Are you reelin' in the ears . . . .

knight66

Got any to lend a friend?

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Szykneij

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 29, 2010, 10:40:32 AM
♫ Are you reelin' in the ears . . . .

... lobe-ing away the time ...
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Elgarian

Quote from: knight on January 29, 2010, 10:37:45 AM
Are we still talking about ears?

We're always talking about ears, here.