The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlhenning

DavidW

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 09, 2010, 05:50:48 AM
You know, it's the darnedest thing.  I have no trouble keeping Beethoven and Brahms distinct . . . yet I am confusing Ray & Dave all the time, with their Brahmsian and Beethovenian IDs.

This is not any call for change.  Just noting a glitch in my neural processing.

I confuse Ray with Que since Que is now using Ray's avatar! :D

MN Dave

greg

DavidW

Quote from: Greg on February 09, 2010, 12:25:20 PM
Me 4.

I also get you confused with Ciel_Rouge since you both have an unnatural obsession with anime girls! :D

Opus106

A Brief History of Pretty Much Everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gNYZH9kuaYM

I may have one or two quibbles on the historical aspects, but this is a very nicely made flip-book-animation video. Enjoy!
Regards,
Navneeth

greg

Quote from: DavidW on February 09, 2010, 12:27:37 PM
I also get you confused with Ciel_Rouge since you both have an unnatural obsession with anime girls! :D
Haha, but it's perfectly natural!  ;D
(just redid my avatar)  8)

Opus106

Check out this amateur video of the SDO launch. As the rocket passes through a layer of high-altitude clouds, the shock-waves (visible as it disturbs the surrounding clouds) destroys a colourful sundog.

Regards,
Navneeth

greg

So, I finished school Monday and unless they hire me at this one place (which happens to be a VERY, VERY good place to work with- computer related stuff), it's another summer working regular hours at the most torturously boring place I've ever known. There are supposed to be a bunch of new people that were hired which start working very soon, including a cashier that's supposedly a Polish girl.

Of course, good stuff never lasts while the awful stuff stays around forever, so being optimistic about getting the job would be really dumb (even though I know/will know the right people and will know the right things to say).

I bet that I won't get the job because "they aren't hiring programmers specifically," and the new people at work turn out very boring, and without anything in common with me. I should probably bet money on this.

But of course, that's why I have music and anime and guitar and stuff. Of course, I won't be able to listen to music the whole day and talk to my interesting friends and watch Family Guy when the teacher isn't looking at my monitor any more during the week... but I guess I can pretend to do that in my mind.

secondwind

Greg, congratulations on finishing your program!  I'll be optimistic for you to get that good job at the very, very good place.  I'll even be optimistic that you will have co-workers there who share some of your interests!  And that you find your work interesting and meaningful enough that you don't even miss Family Guy for the 40 hours you're being paid to be on the job!  Good luck.  ;D

greg

Opus106

Congrats, Greg! May this Chinese New Year bring both of us lots of interesting people to talk with IRL. ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

karlhenning

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Renfield

Quote from: Opus106 on February 14, 2010, 09:38:06 AM
Wha...!

I am somehow more intimidated by this incidental reference:

QuoteIn the Innu mythology of Canada, Matshishkapeu (literally the "Fart Man") is the most powerful spirit, a legendary shaman capable of inflicting gastrointestinal pain or relief.

:o

Opus106

Quote from: Renfield on February 14, 2010, 10:58:27 AM
I am somehow more intimidated by this incidental reference:

:o

Same here.

;D
Regards,
Navneeth

greg

Anyone ever go to:
http://googlestatistics.com/ ?
Just the first page alone is filled with tons of hilarious stuff...

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Renfield

My neighbours will likely be asking themselves just what is so bloody funny at five in the morning. ;D

'Where's Dragon' will be genuinely hard to keep out of my mind, should I ever visit Wales.

greg

QuoteAccording to a 2009 study by a Jesuit scholar, the most common deadly sin confessed by men is lust, and for women, pride.[12] It was unclear whether these differences were due to different rates of commission, or different views on what "counts" or should be confessed.[13]
[edit]
Gee... I wonder if there is a relation?  ::)