The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlhenning

The record will show that Dave dared to blah while others merely sat in complacency.

karlhenning

Hedgehog's been at my laptop again.

DavidW

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 15, 2010, 03:52:59 AM
The record will show that Dave dared to blah while others merely sat in complacency.

Maybe he should start a blah-g. ;D

Père Malfait

Quote from: Elgarian on April 14, 2010, 12:48:34 PM
That's not far short of genius. I've never encountered a finer piece of hedgehog verse, truly.

I wish I could take credit for it, but alas, it's not mine - that winsome verse comes from Christopher Durang's play, "Titanic". Credit where it's due, and all that.   ;D
Lee T. Nunley, MA, PMP, CSM
Organist, Harpsichordist, Musicologist, Project Manager

karlhenning

I was in tears the first time I saw an all-hedgehog production of A Night to Remember.

DavidW

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 15, 2010, 04:51:05 AM
I was in tears the first time I saw an all-hedgehog production of A Night to Remember.

That was actually Dan DeVito, sometimes it's hard to tell him apart from a hedgehog. ;D

Elgarian

Quote from: John on April 15, 2010, 03:32:15 AM
Yes Elgarian, I agree completely.  It is mostly coming from the Labour Party, but the Blah principle has spread to the Tories now, and it wont be long before my right wing pals in the Lib Dems pick up on Daves Post too. :(
Of course we've all been aware for a while now that Dave is a man ahead of his time, and his demonstration of the basic principles of blahology, anticipating so completely all the moves of the politicians, merely clinches it.

greg

QuoteThis morning I visited everyone at school during their 15-minute break. Then, it turns out there was a substitute teacher, so I just went to class and played Halo with everyone. Technically, it was probably illegal tresspassing since I'm not a student there anymore, but none of the subs ever keep track of anything or say anything about us playing video games.
So, yeah, I actually did it, finally!  ;D
And again, today.  8)

Played some really strange levels, which include a Christmas level where you shoot stuff like candy canes instead of rocket launchers, and another level where it's Zelda-themed- you can ride on a horse (instead of a tank) and use sniper rifles at the same time. There's also a level based off of Rainbow Road from MarioKart.

But if my teacher came back early and caught me there playing video games, oh man...  ???

MN Dave

Quote from: Greg on April 15, 2010, 09:19:36 AM
And again, today.  8)

Played some really strange levels, which include a Christmas level where you shoot stuff like candy canes instead of rocket launchers, and another level where it's Zelda-themed- you can ride on a horse (instead of a tank) and use sniper rifles at the same time. There's also a level based off of Rainbow Road from MarioKart.

But if my teacher came back early and caught me there playing video games, oh man...  ???

You, sir, are a wild man.  >:D

knight66

Quote from: DavidW on April 15, 2010, 05:15:55 AM
That was actually Dan DeVito, sometimes it's hard to tell him apart from a hedgehog. ;D

No, that was a penguin. A bird of a very different feather.

Sage word of the day: Never rub bottoms with a porcupine.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

mahler10th

A dead hedgehog.
A Jack Kerouac Hedgehog.
On the Road.

DavidW

I think that's more of a Cormac McCarthy type of Hedgehog. ;D  I can see it now "my features whilst reading The Road." :D

Elgarian

Quote from: John on April 15, 2010, 01:15:08 PM

A dead hedgehog.
A Jack Kerouac Hedgehog.
On the Road.
I think that one's just having a rest.

karlhenning

Yes, poor chap who's had a rough morning snuffling about the hedge.

karlhenning

Wild horses could not induce me to open a thread of photos started by Sean.

Elgarian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on April 16, 2010, 12:31:21 PM
Wild horses hedgehogs could not induce me to open a thread of photos started by Sean.

greg

That's right. Only hedgehog discussions allowed here.

knight66

No, rather hedgehog discussions are only allowed here; a very different restriction.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

MN Dave

The groundhogs are out and about 'round these parts.

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on April 17, 2010, 04:37:15 AM
The groundhogs are out and about 'round these parts.
Where do you see them most often? In hedges?