The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarpia

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 22, 2010, 12:01:20 PM
;D :D ;D

Actually, it isn't me. This Sean is a mystery. If he did post once in the listening thread, he deleted it (I couldn't find it anyway). His profile lists 0 posts:

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php?action=profile;u=2119

Sarge

The notion of parodying our Sean seems appealing, then he question arises, how? 

greg

It isn't me, either.

(though i kinda wish I had done that...)

Could be Sean reading through and re-registering before

Sometimes I feel like registering under his username myself just so he'll be freaked out when he returns 
Sarge

happens.

MN Dave

knight66

And the point of that interjection is?

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

MN Dave

Aliens had taken taken control of my mind.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Scarpia on April 22, 2010, 12:43:02 PM
The notion of parodying our Sean seems appealing, then he question arises, how?

Exactly, how do you parody a self-parody? I don't know. It's beyond my powers anyway.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: MN Dave on April 23, 2010, 03:59:10 AM

Just recently? I've always assumed you were an alien.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

greg

He is Ubloobideega's ex-wife, after all.

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on April 23, 2010, 03:59:10 AM
I hate it when they do that.

karlhenning

If aliens took control of Dave's mind . . . how should we know? ? ?

Scarpia

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 23, 2010, 04:05:33 AM
Exactly, how do you parody a self-parody? I don't know. It's beyond my powers anyway.

Well, I claim the dubious distinction for for triggering Sean's latest hiatus with this sarcastic remark on his "The Rite of spring and juxtaposition over architectonics" thread." I posted it after he ridiculed the academics at his local University who, according to his own account, refused to listen to his ideas and  would basically flee in terror when they saw him coming.

QuoteHow would you like it if you were at your job, and your boss was on your back for not making hamburgers fast enough, and there was some ninnie following you around, bending your ear about the Apollonian/Dionysian dichotomy of the burger and the bun?

So it occurs to me, you could reproduce one of his pseudo-intellectual rants and replace "Rite of Spring" with "Hamburger bun."  On the other hand, I'm not sure anyone would really notice the difference.   ???

MN Dave

greg

After thinking all day the last two days of what I should do next... the most attractive option I have is to move to Tampa, FL (2 hours away from where I live now).

I'm thinking that once I finish what I'm writing for the Takemitsu composing competition (it'll take at least a month or two), I'll start sending out applications for a full time job there, and if I get one, I'll find a cheap apartment. I'll also try to teach guitar lessons and/or join a band to make extra money, and see what happens with that.

Reasons specifically to move there-
1. The music scene is great there- or, at least, I'm assuming it is because that's where Death metal started!  :o That's an entire, very important, genre of music, and because of that, it just seems like it'd be a great place to be a guitarist. They also have 2 orchestras around (though Florida orchestras aren't exactly the greatest).
2. Apartments prices seem to be not too bad.
3. I have several friends from both high schools I went to that are attending USF (the university in that city). I would loooooooooove to see them again...

Any advice or suggestions about this? Good idea or not?

greg

Well, never mind about that moving there soon. I'll probably go to community college where I'm at for 2 years and then the university there- but, this means that I will likely be moving there, anyways.

I do know someone who used to live there, and he loved it (even goes back when he can). I've heard nothing but good things about this place (Clearwater would be another story).  :P

Probably no one here has lived in Tampa before, though...

MN Dave

Elgarian

MN Dave

Elgarian

Quote from: MN Dave on April 30, 2010, 12:44:06 PM
Bummer.  :-\
Hang on, no, I think there's one still around, over there ....

Ah, no, sorry. When I said you were looking for her, she ran off.

MN Dave

Quote from: Elgarian on April 30, 2010, 01:04:44 PM
Hang on, no, I think there's one still around, over there ....

Ah, no, sorry. When I said you were looking for her, she ran off.

:'(

greg

That's okay. It was probably because I was with him.
But at least they don't run off in my imagination...  8)