The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlhenning

He has permitted real life (and a vacation) to distract him from participation here. He is well, however!

MN Dave

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 13, 2010, 05:51:50 AM
He has permitted real life (and a vacation) to distract him from participation here. He is well, however!

I take back my "bummer."

Henk

Look people, Scarpia and Dave both scorned me in the past, so I make a fool of them now with humour I try.

Henk

Henk

Ok, forget this, I'm learning from this already again, so I don't want to start a new discussion.

Henk

MN Dave

Quote from: Henk on December 16, 2010, 03:05:34 AM
Look people, Scarpia and Dave both scorned me in the past, so I make a fool of them now with humour I try.

Henk

I'd don't think I'm the one you're making a fool of.

karlhenning

Why did the pigeon cross the road?

Opus106

Due to a case of mistaken self-identity?
Regards,
Navneeth

karlhenning

Too many pedestrians on this side.

Opus106

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 16, 2010, 05:45:58 AM
Too many pedestrians on this side.

So the signal hadn't turned to green, then. That's a case of pigeon caught jaywalking.
Regards,
Navneeth

Brahmsian

Henk, regarding Dave, you are mistaken.  Dave has a wonderful sense of humour, and although you delude yourself into believing it is a symptom of your diagnosis of 'depression', it is actually the opposite.

Dave's sense of humour (or anyone else with a good sense of humour) is actually HEALTHY to have.

karlhenning

Dave is my man!  You, too, Ray.  Didn't meant to sound exclusive . . . .

Brahmsian

Welcome to GMG, George:P

I guess it was time to purge?  :D

MN Dave

Much appreciated, amigos.

karlhenning

Quote from: ChamberNut on December 16, 2010, 08:27:21 AM
Welcome to GMG, George:P

I guess it was time to purge?  :D

Ah, did George just newbify himself?

Henk

Quote from: ChamberNut on December 16, 2010, 08:21:49 AM
Henk, regarding Dave, you are mistaken.  Dave has a wonderful sense of humour, and although you delude yourself into believing it is a symptom of your diagnosis of 'depression', it is actually the opposite.

Dave's sense of humour (or anyone else with a good sense of humour) is actually HEALTHY to have.

Ok, I appreciate your honesty and for letting me know. I have to admit I don't always understand his humour.

Look, I just don't want to become like Dave or rather to get the mental disease I project on him as a result of having read too many books. I liked to project that on Dave :).

And people take me too seriously in what I'm saying. There's always some self-spot in it. People don't notice, because other things dominate. But it's me how is trying to learn.

Henk

karlhenning

Quote from: Henk on December 16, 2010, 08:32:54 AM
Ok, I appreciate your honesty and for letting me know. I have to admit I don't always understand his humour.

Well, you don't always understand mine, I hope? ; )

Henk

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 16, 2010, 08:33:55 AM
Well, you don't always understand mine, I hope? ; )

I never do, Karl. You're a complete idiot to me. ;)

karlhenning

Henk

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 16, 2010, 08:37:14 AM
That's cool.

I was just joking. Sorry.

I understand your humour not really. But I have not really tried to understand it. I read it and read it, but never "study" it, well I think that once I will start to understand.

Henk

Philoctetes

Quote from: Henk on December 16, 2010, 08:40:40 AM
I was just joking. Sorry.

I think he caught that. You should use less words. Not more.