The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

It was a standup comedian from the 80s but as Karl knows I might be really wrong about the time frame (thinking of Beethoven Masur). :D

DavidW

Yakov Smirnoff that's it!  Funny enough I didn't google autocompletion answered my question! :D

Opus106

Quote from: Mn Dave on May 22, 2011, 12:21:33 PM
There are now two seasons in Minnesota: Snow and Tornado.

A memorable quote from R. K. Narayan's The Bachelor of Arts: Madras is hot for ten months in the year and hotter for two. (Madras, until 1996, was the name of Chennai. And currently, we're in the middle of those two months.)

You are at least blessed with variety, Dave. ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Mn Dave

eyeresist

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on May 23, 2011, 04:43:12 AM
I think it's from the Russian lolcats site . . . .

I can has queue for ersatz cheezburger?

Coco

I borrowed the form of the joke from Yakov Smirnoff :)

Henk

I really lost some of the pleasure posting here, thanks to people like Florestan, Tony etc.

It just seems impossible to discuss things in a normal way, without being attacked or trapped.

Florestan calls me a "lad", Philoctetes calls me a "fucktard". I don't accept this.

It´s because there´s no alternative, I keep on posting here. But GMG is not a great place more for me, I´m sorry to say. There are unpleasant people here.

This is supposedly how Florestan and Tony wanted to make me feel about GMG. They have reached their goal.

Henk

Coco

No alternative? You're not required to post on any forum, as far as I know.

Paulb still posts on the Amazon forums. Maybe you'd fit in there.

Szykneij

Quote from: Henk on May 27, 2011, 08:12:52 AM
I really lost some of the pleasure posting here, thanks to people like Florestan, Tony etc.

It just seems impossible to discuss things in a normal way, without being attacked or trapped.

Florestan calls me a "lad", Philoctetes calls me a "fucktard". I don't accept this.

It´s because there´s no alternative, I keep on posting here. But GMG is not a great place more for me, I´m sorry to say. There are unpleasant people here.

This is supposedly how Florestan and Tony wanted to make me feel about GMG. They have reached their goal.

Henk

Moi?    ???   

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

karlhenning

There were complaints of a whining sound ... anyone noticed any messianic-trending threads lately?

Henk

Mn Dave

He'll be back and I'll be glad to see him.

Mn Dave

I blame all this on Florestan. Or The Evil Snare as we like to call him.

Mn Dave

But even he's no match for Forum Bully Karl Henning.  0:)

karlhenning

Hmm, whining's stopped. I'll tell engineering . . . .

Churchmouse

Forum bullies are just cowards, sitting behind their screens.
And cussin shouldn't be allowed either.  There may be ladies present!   :-* :-* :-*

karlhenning

Quote from: Churchmouse on May 27, 2011, 10:24:16 AM
Forum bullies are just cowards, sitting behind their screens.

I agree.

Mn Dave

Keyboard warriors I call 'em.  $:)

karlhenning

DavidW

Oh boy a nice warm sunny day I sure love summer. :)

It's summertime and the living is easy... 8)