The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mn Dave

Novi

Does anyone know where I can buy those plastic cd sleeves (to replace jewel cases)? Ideally a bricks-and-mortar that's open on Sundays as I'd like to pick some up tomorrow. Cd shop? Electronic goods like Dixon's?

Cheers!
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

karlhenning

Lethevich

Quote from: Novi on July 16, 2011, 02:29:45 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy those plastic cd sleeves (to replace jewel cases)? Ideally a bricks-and-mortar that's open on Sundays as I'd like to pick some up tomorrow. Cd shop? Electronic goods like Dixon's?

Cheers!

I buy my paper ones from Rymans, I've never seen full plastic ones irl, only plastic-fronted ones. Failing that, eBay always many types of these at low prices
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Novi

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on July 16, 2011, 04:30:11 PM
I buy my paper ones from Rymans, I've never seen full plastic ones irl, only plastic-fronted ones. Failing that, eBay always many types of these at low prices

Thanks. I'm looking for something a little more durable than paper, but still lightweight. I'm looking at 6 very hefty boxes of cds that I have to ship overseas (maybe 20 kg each, as I can barely lift them) and have decided to ditch the jewel cases. Not sure what to do with booklets and various other bits of paper though.

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on July 16, 2011, 02:54:33 PM
Staples.

Thanks Karl! Took a while to realise that Staples is a stationers. The closest one is 5 miles out of town though. I guess I might try a couple of closer stationers or order on-line and hope for next day delivery.
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen

Lethevich

I've seem a site somewhere selling sleeves custom made for retaining the booklet and tray card - I can imagine that they would be expensive, though :'(

Edit: here we go.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Novi on July 16, 2011, 02:29:45 PM

Cheers!

Hi Novi

You could try PC world too :

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pc-line-transparent-plastic-cd-sleeves-pack-of-100-03065162-pdt.html

even Tesco's...

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-3910.aspx
Olivier

Brian

If you're wondering how the Havergal Brian thread fellow to the bottom of the composer forum so quickly...

DavidW

I think Snips has earned a new nickname-- "the whirlwind" ;D ;D

Lethevich

For those who are aware of the joke, new Rebecca Black video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/2OxWD85Ngz4

ibanezmonster

Wasn't as funny as the first one, but it was a nice laugh.

Novi

Quote from: Papy Oli on July 17, 2011, 02:20:03 AM
Hi Novi

You could try PC world too :

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pc-line-transparent-plastic-cd-sleeves-pack-of-100-03065162-pdt.html

even Tesco's...

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.208-3910.aspx

Hi Papy Oli. Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up giving up on the idea though as the thought of extracting and transferring so many cds was doing my head in. But thanks anyway. :)
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen

PaulR

Soooooo......16 more days till move to Bowling Green.........27 days till the entrance exams......................where's the time gone?   AHHHHHHH! ???   

With that said, still excited  8)

DavidW

Quote from: paulrbass on July 22, 2011, 03:19:20 PM
where's the time gone?   

As a teacher I think the same thing, I'm now preparing for the next semester and in a little over a week check out the textbooks and class starts two weeks after that.

I enjoyed my summer.  I guess I also have to now start getting up early again. :-\

8)

PaulR

Quote from: DavidW on July 22, 2011, 03:22:28 PM
As a teacher I think the same thing, I'm now preparing for the next semester and in a little over a week check out the textbooks and class starts two weeks after that.

I enjoyed my summer.  I guess I also have to now start getting up early again. :-\

8)
What kind of teacher are you, if you don't me asking?

DavidW

Quote from: paulrbass on July 22, 2011, 05:02:11 PM
What kind of teacher are you, if you don't me asking?

An evil one! I teach physics.

eyeresist

Quote from: DavidW on July 24, 2011, 08:58:02 AM
This was funny (or maddening depending on your pov):

Congress Continues Debate Over Whether Or Not Nation Should Be Economically Ruined

;D

A bit depressing, really. As Jeremy Clarkson said, if the American president really is the leader of the free world, why don't the rest of us (i.e. non-USA-nians) get a vote?

PaulR

Quote from: DavidW on July 24, 2011, 08:58:02 AM
This was funny (or maddening depending on your pov):

Congress Continues Debate Over Whether Or Not Nation Should Be Economically Ruined

;D
It's strange when the onion has something that seems to be true.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: paulrbass on July 24, 2011, 04:36:59 PM
It's strange when the onion has something that seems to be true.
It is true. Rich, old, white, American guys control the world. Most of them don't care about other people.

Here's a picture of a typical one: