The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulR

Quote from: Brian on August 10, 2011, 02:06:10 PM
I don't think I've cooked chicken while living in England. Not because things got messed up - I never messed up chicken - but because it's been so much easier to make spaghetti or curries or other things.
It should be easy to make.  But first time, it was that it was slightly undercooked, this time, I set the fire alarm off. (after I took the chicken out)

Bulldog

Quote from: paulrbass on August 10, 2011, 02:08:55 PM
It should be easy to make.  But first time, it was that it was slightly undercooked, this time, I set the fire alarm off. (after I took the chicken out)

A "fryer" takes about one hour to cook;  larger chickens 1 1/2 hours.  All at 350 degrees.  Follow my advice and your chicken will taste great, assuming it's fresh and seasoned well.

karlhenning

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 04, 2011, 09:29:21 AM
Only "buddies" on line. Doesn't actually happen all that often! : )

And again!

karlhenning

Not especially dynamic in the manner of the Ignore list, of course . . . just casts their ID in boldface here or there.

ibanezmonster

My friends' facebook post- I guess it's from some song or something:

Quote"Religion and sex are powerplays
Manipulate the people for the money they pay
Selling skin, selling God
The numbers look the same on their credit cards.
Politicians say no to drugs
While we pay for wars in South America.
Fighting fire with empty words
While the banks get fat
And the poor stay poor
And the rich get rich
And the cops get paid
To look away
As the one percent rules America."
8)

Lethevich

Quote"The second aggregate resembles some automatic kitchen utensils"

I am never going to try to use Babelfish to translate Russian tech support, ever again...
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

karlhenning

ibanezmonster

This is what it normally sounds like when I'm just messing around on guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/v/b1zfeciAGUw&feature=channel_video_title

One of these days I'll actually write out some sort of etude!  :D

PaulR

Quote from: Bulldog on August 10, 2011, 02:33:59 PM
A "fryer" takes about one hour to cook;  larger chickens 1 1/2 hours.  All at 350 degrees.  Follow my advice and your chicken will taste great, assuming it's fresh and seasoned well.
I was just sauteeing the breasts, not the whole chicken, but when I make a whole one, I'll follow that!

I think I figure out what happened:  The burners were hotter than I expected which made the olive oil too hot and when I added the chicken broth, it became smokey as hell.

Tonight is something I am familiar with making, though I screwed the rec. up (forgot garlic and put a tbs of salt in instead of 2 teaspoons!  ((though took some out)).  Hopefully, it's still good.  Here's hoping!   8)

EDIT:  Success!  even w/o the garlic, its good :)

PaulR

tomorrow....the two tests!  The day is near! 

Shouldn't stress.  i should know the info well enough :)

PaulR

Quote from: paulrbass on August 16, 2011, 05:23:01 PM
tomorrow....the two tests!  The day is near! 

Shouldn't stress.  i should know the info well enough :)
Passed the two history tests ( ;D 8)    :D )

Failed the theory test ( :'( :( ??? (Failed it by 2%))

DavidW

Sorry to hear that Paul... what are the consequences?  Do you have to take a more remedial theory class and then test again?

PaulR

Just have to take a survey of music theory.  Could've attempted the test again in Dec, but thought I might be better off just taking the theory course again, just to have a solid base of basic theory before I head into the advanced world :)

Just glad I passed the two history tests, so I can take upper level classes :)

DavidW

That doesn't sound bad at all! :)

Coco

Start my classes Monday. Finally on the way to being a real composer. :)

DavidW

Good luck Coco!  I start classes on Monday myself. :)

DavidW

About an incident involving Depardieu on an airline.  It's not the story that's funny but Cooper laughing more and more at his jokes until he is giggling uncontrollably. :D

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2011/08/17/ac.ridiculist.depardieu.cnn.html

Elgarian

Quote from: Lethe Dmitriyevich Shostakovich on August 11, 2011, 11:01:14 AM
I am never going to try to use Babelfish to translate Russian tech support, ever again...

Yes the example you quoted was clearly nonsense. So is it the first, third, or some other aggregate that resembles some automatic kitchen utensils?

karlhenning

Quote from: Coco on August 18, 2011, 06:59:38 PM
Start my classes Monday. Finally on the way to being a real composer. :)

Success to you! Don't hesitate to sling the odd question, if I may be of any service.

karlhenning

Quote from: Elgarian on August 19, 2011, 01:06:10 AM
Yes the example you quoted was clearly nonsense. So is it the first, third, or some other aggregate that resembles some automatic kitchen utensils?

Pity. I really do prefer my simple, manual can-opener.