The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: Greg on September 20, 2011, 02:47:53 PM
На здоровье!

Aye, work is progressing somewhat steadily. I have four performers that shall be reciting the holy posts of the abovementioned next Tuesday at the Cathedral.

Rehearsals have gone smoothly, and they seem well prepared. The performance of James' part so far has seemed to be one of the most impressive, with his "dewd"s and "Pfffffft"s well articulated. If all goes well, I might consider an orchestral score, or perhaps a ballet adaptation, though it may take me a minimum of 8 years to finish.

This is freakishly awesome.

karlhenning

Quote from: Greg on September 20, 2011, 02:47:53 PM
. . . though it may take me a minimum of 8 years to finish.

I'm cryin' here ; )

Coco

yea...... i'm sure henning's music is good.............. if you like that sort of thing, but nothing compares to the perfection of bach.

karlhenning

Quote from: Brian on September 21, 2011, 06:12:28 AM

What. Ever. Your view is corrupt. If you'd just listen to music instead of reading irrelevant quotes ....

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Brian on September 21, 2011, 06:12:28 AM
Yours, too, especially if you think of the shower for being a substitution for a bus.  :D

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Coco on September 21, 2011, 06:41:27 AM
yea...... i'm sure henning's music is good.............. if you like that sort of thing, but nothing compares to the perfection of bach.
Dood .. nothing can compare to the complexities of Bach. If .. you had more insight and countless hours of deep listening, you would understand that.

eyeresist

So we see that it's just more fun being James than Karl ;)

The other night I watched the Charlie Sheen roast. It was amazingly sleazy. The sex and drugs jokes I suppose were par for the course (nearly typed "coarse" there), but the jokes about Sheen beating up his ex-wives, and everyone on stage palling about with CONVICTED RAPIST Mike Tyson  ::)

What the hell was Bill Shatner doing there?! Presumably he was there for a fat cheque.

ibanezmonster

Tomorrow: talk like a Sarge day. Many naked photos of hot women expected.

Mn Dave

I think I've finally realized that there's slim chance of finding some new artist/composer/music that I like, or that will measure up to what I already know, and so must sit back and enjoy a life's accumulation of interests. Fortunately, I have a lot of them.

karlhenning

Quote from: Mn Dave on September 22, 2011, 04:47:23 AM
I think I've finally realized that there's slim chance of finding some new artist/composer/music that I like, or that will measure up to what I already know, and so must sit back and enjoy a life's accumulation of interests. Fortunately, I have a lot of them.

More Henningmusick! No, but really!

karlhenning

I mean, he's no Devo, but . . . .

Mn Dave

There will always be room for that, my friend.

karlhenning

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Greg on September 21, 2011, 07:02:34 PM
Tomorrow: talk like a Sarge day. Many naked photos of hot women expected.

:D  ...yes, I'm more visual than verbal  8)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

karlhenning

Great pic for Harry, though NSFW (hope a co-worker who sits behind me was visually occupied elsewhere).

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 22, 2011, 05:04:19 AM
Great pic for Harry, though NSFW (hope a co-worker who sits behind me was visually occupied elsewhere).

Oh....sorry about that. I shall post a warning.

Sarge

ibanezmonster

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Greg on September 22, 2011, 06:05:23 AM

Aye.

That's uncanny, Greg. It sounds just like me! First, Karl, then me. You have a talent for mimicry  ;D

Sarge

Coco

Last night I had a dream that we had a new member here posting under the name "Supersized" whose avatar took up half the screen and typed only in bold font. Huh.

karlhenning

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on September 22, 2011, 06:11:10 AM
That's uncanny, Greg. It sounds just like me! First, Karl, then me. You have a talent for mimicry  ;D

Sarge

(* chortle *)