The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

My cool find for the week is Leech block addon for FF and chrome.  I use it to heavily restrict my internet usage.  It has made me more productive which is awesome because when online my time management skills are non-existent. :D

ibanezmonster

Anyone see the new South Park episode?

Stan's depression gets to where every time he hears something, it sounds like pooping, and everything looks like shit squirting all over the place. He meets a secret society that offers the only solution that actually works: alcohol.

Totally understandable, though I don't drink, so I guess the computer is my alcohol...

karlhenning

Quote from: Greg on October 06, 2011, 06:58:29 PM
. . . where every time he hears something, it sounds like pooping, and everything looks like shit squirting all over the place.

I think you need to be about the age of two to find that novel.  Even four-year-olds get a bit jaded about that wheeze.

Coco

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 06, 2011, 09:25:53 PM
I think you need to be about the age of two to find that novel.  Even four-year-olds get a bit jaded about that wheeze.

Actually I saw the earlier part of the episode he's referring to and thought it was hilarious — I guess it's all about presentation.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Coco on October 07, 2011, 04:43:27 AM
Actually I saw the earlier part of the episode he's referring to and thought it was hilarious — I guess it's all about presentation.
It is... you'd have to see it for yourself, Karl.

A couple of other favorite parts from the episode...
-Stan turns on the TV on to some news channel and hears a news report, "Breaking news from MSNBC, Fox News, ABC, whatever, f*** you!"
-The very beginning- his alarm clock wakes him up- "Big, Hairy Mike in the morning... and we got a hot new song by this new band-"  they play it, and it's just drum beat with farting noises.
-Stan and his dad go to the president to get him to sign a bill- he does, but the president is a quacking duck and the way he signs it is by spitting out poop onto the paper.

All the while, Stan just stares into space with his head down, sick of "everything being shit." Really unique portrayal of world-weariness... I might actually have to watch some of that again.  :D

karlhenning

Quote from: Coco on October 07, 2011, 04:43:27 AM

Quote from: Greg on October 07, 2011, 05:49:30 AM
It is... you'd have to see it for yourself, Karl.

Duly noted, lads.

Mn Dave

Wanderer

Mn Dave

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Mn Dave

Quote from: Opus106 on October 07, 2011, 11:15:28 PM
Sir, I think you are missing your pants.

Thanks for noticing.   ;D

Coco

ibanezmonster

Today I met a guy who had a brother who played for the NY Phil for 46 years, and he said he has met Leonard Bernstein, etc. Of course, I didn't even think of asking a question like "who is your favorite composer?" or something like that- of course I would have to forget about that.  ::)

Mn Dave

Quote from: Greg on October 09, 2011, 10:13:18 AM
Today I met a guy who had a brother who played for the NY Phil for 46 years, and he said he has met Leonard Bernstein, etc. Of course, I didn't even think of asking a question like "who is your favorite composer?" or something like that- of course I would have to forget about that.  ::)

Instead you asked, "Do you like Meshuggah?"

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Mn Dave on October 09, 2011, 10:14:06 AM
Instead you asked, "Do you like Meshuggah?"
Oh, certainly. He told me about all of the Meshuggah covers they used to do in the 70s... the instrumentation was weird though. 30 bassists, a solo violinist, 4 percussionists and a vocalist. They even did a Meshuggah opera about inverting time through use of DMT.

ibanezmonster

Ubloobideega ate my homework.

Brian

Brahmsian

DavidW has left the building.  :-[

Opus106

Quote from: ChamberNut on October 10, 2011, 08:49:16 AM
DavidW has left the building.  :-[

It's a seasonal thing with the Davids of the board. One minute, they're here; and in the next, they vanish -- only to come back a few months later.
Regards,
Navneeth

Mn Dave

We have families of our own, y'know. ;)