The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Six

You really have to train yourself to poop at the right time. For example, if you have to drop a massive load, and you're driving, it's only going to get worse the closer you get to your home. It's like the poop is anticipating it so much that it just can't wait. And by the time you park you're rushing up to your door and it's even worse than before. It takes a lot of meditation to make your body think you're farther away from home than you really are in order to counter that.

ibanezmonster

I think this has become "The Soliloquy Thread"...

DavidW

Quote from: The Six on January 14, 2012, 06:25:26 PM
You really have to train yourself to poop at the right time. For example, if you have to drop a massive load, and you're driving, it's only going to get worse the closer you get to your home. It's like the poop is anticipating it so much that it just can't wait. And by the time you park you're rushing up to your door and it's even worse than before. It takes a lot of meditation to make your body think you're farther away from home than you really are in order to counter that.

Maybe you need some Depends! :D

PaulR

Quote from: Greg on January 15, 2012, 05:10:53 AM
I think this has become "The Soliloquy Thread"...
if this is a soliloquy thread.....am I supposed to pretend you didn't say this?  Or should I acknowledge it?  what is proper?  Please help, as I am not a theater major.......

The Six

Quote from: DavidW on January 15, 2012, 07:12:07 AM
Maybe you need some Depends! :D

Oh please this pooping thing happens to everybody. It's all about fooling your brain into thinking you're farther away than you are.

Lethevich

First world problems: friend forgot to pay the ISP bill and the net connection was down for, what, 25 mins? I was at a complete loss as to what to do during that time.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: paulrbass on January 15, 2012, 07:15:55 AM
if this is a soliloquy thread.....am I supposed to pretend you didn't say this?  Or should I acknowledge it?  what is proper?  Please help, as I am not a theater major.......
Well, now it isn't any more... (not that that's a bad thing)

Quote from: Lethevich Dmitriyevna Pettersonova on January 15, 2012, 08:44:13 AM
First world problems: friend forgot to pay the ISP bill and the net connection was down for, what, 25 mins? I was at a complete loss as to what to do during that time.
Do what they used to do back in the old days: throw rocks at cars.

eyeresist

Doctor: So, what seems to be the problem?

Patient: Well, I'm having this problem ... with my bowels.

Doctor: I see. So what is this problem? Are you irregular?

Patient: No, I'm regular as clockwork. Every morning, 7 o'clock on the dot.

Doctor: I must say I don't understand. How exactly do you have a problem then?

Patient: Well, I don't get up till 8.

Boom-tish!

PaulR

I am making fish for the 2nd time in my life!  The first time involved the smoke detector going off, so far, the detector has been quiet :)

Lethevich

Quote from: paulrbass on January 16, 2012, 01:37:02 PM
I am making fish for the 2nd time in my life!  The first time involved the smoke detector going off, so far, the detector has been quiet :)

You're braver than me - fish fillets are terrifying :( 30-60 seconds under, raw, 30-60 seconds over, dry. Why god, why ;__;

PaulR

Quote from: Lethevich Dmitriyevna Pettersonova on January 16, 2012, 01:40:30 PM
You're braver than me - fish fillets are terrifying :( 30-60 seconds under, raw, 30-60 seconds over, dry. Why god, why ;__;
it's not something I am comfortable with........I'd much rather stick a thermometer in a piece of meat/chicken/pork and get the temp, and also the varying degrees of redness in meat and whiteness in chicken is easier to tell.  With chicken, I know when it's raw and translucent.  With fish (cod is the culprit here), I find it much more difficult to tell.  When I ate it, it looked all white.....so hopefully I won't get sick.   :P

but hey, the smoke detector didn't go off :D

Ataraxia

Where is that most elusive fish?  ???

ibanezmonster

This will be the highlight of my year... March 27...

DavidW

For kindle users both the fire and the touch have updates out.  The Fire update seems to be minor just adding a couple of features to the browser and email.  The Touch update makes the device more responsive and the touch sensitivity better.

Lethevich

I still wonder how the name "Kindle Fire" made it past the executives.

DavidW

The Kindle naming came from a quote from Voltaire:

QuoteThe instruction we find in books is like fire. We fetch it from our neighbours, kindle it at home, communicate it to others and it becomes the property of all.

The name makes sense, is pretty cool.  The fire seems like a perfect addition to the name.  I don't know, works for me. :)

Lethevich

To me, it conjurs up images of leaving it alone on your coffee table, and coming back to find your house burned down ;D But hey, nobody else seems bothered :) Danke for the clarification.

DavidW

Quote from: Lethevich Dmitriyevna Pettersonova on January 19, 2012, 06:37:39 PM
To me, it conjurs up images of leaving it alone on your coffee table, and coming back to find your house burned down ;D But hey, nobody else seems bothered :) Danke for the clarification.

That's peanut butter, flour and sugar left on the table! ;D

eyeresist

Quote from: paulrbass on January 16, 2012, 01:37:02 PMI am making fish for the 2nd time in my life! 

You are not making fish. Only the Lord can do that.

Karl Henning

Quote from: eyeresist on January 20, 2012, 02:29:51 AM
You are not making fish. Only the Lord can do that.

That's beautiful!

Separately:

Not ashamed to admit that I don't even remember who played in the Super Bowl last year.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot