The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knight66

Good to see you back. I also hope you enjoy the renewal of Spring.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Ataraxia

Quote from: nesf on April 10, 2012, 11:08:54 AM
I've finally fully come out of the depression I was in since December. Honestly, I'd forgotten music sounded this good. It's been close to 15 years since I was this healthy mentally and I'm hearing music like it was the first time all over again. :D

That's great!

nesf

Quote from: knight66 on April 10, 2012, 11:54:26 AM
Good to see you back. I also hope you enjoy the renewal of Spring.

Mike

I'm definitely enjoying the Rites thereof anyway. :D
My favourite words in classical: "Molto vivace"

Yes, I'm shallow.

PaulR

Quote from: PaulR on April 10, 2012, 05:28:54 AM
I'm hoping that is what is going to happen.  Thankfully, it doesn't necessarily have to be 15 pages for the rough draft, but I still want to get it basically done now, and just do polishing touches for the final. 
Although I did not do as much work on it as I planned (I wish I would've gotten to 10 completed pages by the end of today), I did get to finish the 8th page.  So, I am very relieved at this point.  Not out of the woods yet, but a bit less stressed

Karl Henning

Way to take the bull by the horns!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ibanezmonster

Getting a full sleep (almost 10 hours) and waking up to a morning of not having to do anything at all for the first time in months was...

wow  :o

Karl Henning

Good for you! You must have needed the rest.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

ibanezmonster

Quote from: karlhenning on April 11, 2012, 12:18:29 PM
Good for you! You must have needed the rest.
;D

Oh, btw, I'm working on a personal website for my Web Authoring class. I'll have all of my music, scores, and some computer programming projects there. Supposedly, my teacher is going to be able to host them- if not, I just might, since the domain name is only $10 and it's only ~$5/month to host.

The website name will be:
themultinone.com

8)

I've done more than half of it just this evening alone, but I suspect that it may take one more evening or morning to get it how I want (a bunch of minor tweaking). The website template I used is awesome:

(I used the section on the right)

(The couple of months in that class was necessary to feel confident undertaking such a project, since before the class I almost completely forgot how to even write html/css/javascript; now, it just seems easy).

PaulR

Rough draft is done.  Now to celebrate by starting two other papers!  (but first, sleep!!!!!)

Karl Henning

Quote from: PaulR on April 11, 2012, 09:55:25 PM
Rough draft is done.  Now to celebrate by starting two other papers!  (but first, sleep!!!!!)

Splendid!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Henk

Having a new cd cabinet. So I have room to put my recordings and overview over it again and space to get more recordings.

Ordered my cd's and it has a positive effect on my listening. Having a good listening session again since long. Focusing on the music, in the right mental state. Almost forgot about the experience.

'Being humble and wise is knowing not being wise.'

PaulR

it really was a great idea of mine, as a Non-Theist, to attempt to look at Gubaidiulina's Offertorium and Seven Last Words of Christ in a religious fashion....

Lethevich

"Sometimes, you're about to fight someone, but there's a conversation first, right? This can be good! Some of the NPCs will barter with you even though they are about to try to kill you. Buy all of their ammo and healing supplies and extra weapons. This will turn combat in your favor. Then when you kill them, just take your money back."

I love videogame logic :)
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

TheGSMoeller

Anyone ever play this phenomanel game? Short game with fairly little difficulty, but original and tons of fun.

[asin]B00009ZVHW[/asin]

ibanezmonster

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on April 15, 2012, 04:21:45 AM
Anyone ever play this phenomanel game? Short game with fairly little difficulty, but original and tons of fun.
One of my favorite games.
This is one of those games that have given me so much inspiration through the years. We might have to wait 5 years for the sequel  ::) , but when it comes out, WATCH OUT!  8)

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Greg on April 15, 2012, 08:55:41 AM
One of my favorite games.
This is one of those games that have given me so much inspiration through the years. We might have to wait 5 years for the sequel  ::) , but when it comes out, WATCH OUT!  8)

I think it's been years when I first saw stills and slight info about the sequel, but almost gave up hope for it.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on April 15, 2012, 09:07:42 AM
I think it's been years when I first saw stills and slight info about the sequel, but almost gave up hope for it.
The creator said he wants it for the next generation of consoles, however many years in the future that may be. It's been 5 1/2 years since the PS3 came out (still no developments on anything next-gen) and 8 years since the first BG&E. Maybe they'll do the series in 12 year cycles. BG&E 3 can come out in 2028, maybe...

eyeresist

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: eyeresist on April 15, 2012, 06:06:38 PM
Wrong thread, guys.

I wasn't playing the game, only chatting about it. The chat thread.

eyeresist

I am just going outside and may be some time....

This is my last post before I go in for my heart catheterisation test on Thursday. If the worst happens, it was nice knowing you all. Wish me luck!