The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaughtintheGaze

Man, this got awesome.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Scarpia on June 26, 2013, 03:52:52 PM
I'm sorry, I was going to edit and remove the nasty phrasology.   But your attitude towards women is very unhealthy and you will never have a healthy relationship with a woman until you fix that.  I'm not angry, to be honest, I am very concerned for your mental health.
I appreciate the concern.
It would probably be a better idea for me to have a more widened view of the world, since in my experience the last few years, I've seen more negative than good come out of relationships for men (my friend, for example, who is divorced and a child-support slave reminds me EVERY single week).  :P

Probably it would be a good idea for me to not dwell on certain statistics. That can't lead to anything positive.

CaughtintheGaze

Love watching the stupid implode.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Philo on June 26, 2013, 04:05:32 PM
Love watching the stupid implode.
Civil and gentlemanly comments, as usual.

CaughtintheGaze

Quote from: Greg on June 26, 2013, 04:07:23 PM
Civil and gentlemanly comments, as usual.

And he does it so easily.

Parsifal

Quote from: Greg on June 26, 2013, 04:03:58 PM
I appreciate the concern.
It would probably be a better idea for me to have a more widened view of the world, since in my experience the last few years, I've seen more negative than good come out of relationships for men (my friend, for example, who is divorced and a child-support slave reminds me EVERY single week).  :P

Perhaps you could take the relationships that some members of this board sometimes talk about as a positive example.  The contempt you routinely express for women is inconsistent with a meaningful relationship.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Scarpia on June 26, 2013, 05:14:03 PM
Perhaps you could take the relationships that some members of this board sometimes talk about as a positive example.  The contempt you routinely express for women is inconsistent with a meaningful relationship.
Surely would be something to aspire to (Sarge, Don, and Andy come to mind). It would help if I observed more of this in real life (rather than destruction). What I've seen overall has given me a very negative impression of relationships in general. Probably best to focus on the positive, but keep the negative at the back of my mind, rather than the front (just a matter of precaution).

Parsifal

Quote from: Greg on June 26, 2013, 05:51:53 PM
Surely would be something to aspire to (Sarge, Don, and Andy come to mind). It would help if I observed more of this in real life (rather than destruction). What I've seen overall has given me a very negative impression of relationships in general. Probably best to focus on the positive, but keep the negative at the back of my mind, rather than the front (just a matter of precaution).

Are your parents a positive example (feel free to ignore this question)?

PaulR

Child support slave?  What the hell does that mean?  Aren't men who bring life into this world responsible for his child's well being? (Women too, but this scenario assumes the woman has custody)

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Scarpia on June 26, 2013, 06:23:06 PM
Are your parents a positive example (feel free to ignore this question)?
Hehe.  :D
Yes and no.

I've lived with my stepdad since I was 4 or 5, so I'm sure my dad had to pay child support and such (also for my sister, from his first marriage). He's nice, but other than that, he's the opposite of me; very talkative and would work constantly. He's never had much money despite working hard most of his life (currently on disability because of a mild form of dementia). This is exactly what I want to avoid. To me, slavery is worse than death.

My stepdad and mom have a good relationship, but he never seems happy. He's stuck at a job he hates and never is able to buy anything he wants. My mom currently can't work because of vertigo problems, but has picked up some part-time jobs when possible, and plans to when she gets better.

There are girls I know that I would probably have a good relationship with, but they have a kid, so it creates all sorts of possible problems. I don't want kids, much less someone else's.

Quote from: PaulR on June 26, 2013, 06:36:53 PM
Child support slave?  What the hell does that mean?  Aren't men who bring life into this world responsible for his child's well being? (Women too, but this scenario assumes the woman has custody)
Yes, they are responsible, and if you only qualify for low-wage jobs because you haven't finished college, your responsibility will likely be working at miserable jobs for 80 hour weeks for 18 years.

Sammy

Quote from: Greg on June 26, 2013, 05:51:53 PM
Surely would be something to aspire to (Sarge, Don, and Andy come to mind). It would help if I observed more of this in real life (rather than destruction). What I've seen overall has given me a very negative impression of relationships in general.

The first thing you need to realize is that you've seen very little of life.  The second thing is for you to stop lumping together the entire female population and simply develop your opinions and judgements for each individual female.  What you're doing right now isn't all that different than the typical racist.

CaughtintheGaze

Thread keeps getting better.  :laugh:

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Philo on June 26, 2013, 07:05:08 PM
Thread keeps getting better.  :laugh:
And you have nothing relevant to say, as always.

Quote from: Sammy on June 26, 2013, 07:02:10 PM
The first thing you need to realize is that you've seen very little of life.  The second thing is for you to stop lumping together the entire female population and simply develop your opinions and judgements for each individual female.  What you're doing right now isn't all that different than the typical racist.
Seriously?... I'm not judging each one individually. I'm just looking at polls that reveal, percentage-wise, how important money is to women. Okay, fine, I'll pretend they don't exist.

So I understand that I am not allowed to say anything negative statistically about a group of people, ever. The government spends more on food stamps for white people than any other race. Oops, I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend you white people. And myself.

CaughtintheGaze

gahahaa. Buffoonery at its finest. Don't ever change, Greg.

CaughtintheGaze

Quote from: Octave on June 25, 2013, 10:59:44 PM
It might be interesting to hear more about that in the future, via yr blog or whatnot. 

To escape the debacle that is Greg :laugh:

Here is a talk about the rhetoric of silence by Cheryl Glenn, who is, so far as I can tell, the only author to address this issue at book length. I don't necessarily agree with her interpretation, but she is one of the most notable scholars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-oVJP4Dv9o

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Philo on June 26, 2013, 07:24:59 PM
gahahaa. Buffoonery at its finest. Don't ever change, Greg.
At least I don't sit on the sideline and laugh at by myself, rather than participate in a discussion with an open mind.
Just keep laughing. You can always make yourself appear better than someone else by typing that you're laughing at them.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Greg on June 26, 2013, 06:53:51 PM
Yes, they are responsible, and if you only qualify for low-wage jobs because you haven't finished college, your responsibility will likely be working at miserable jobs for 80 hour weeks for 18 years.

The key, then, is control of the willie.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Quote from: Greg on June 26, 2013, 07:51:07 PM
. . . You can always make yourself appear better [...]

But, he doesn't.  A human emulating a hyaena is simply a disgrace.

Even on the InterNet.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ibanezmonster

Quote from: karlhenning on June 27, 2013, 04:56:28 AM
The key, then, is control of the willie.
Yes, exactly. Guys need to stop the attitude of doing the first thing they can get and then bragging about it. It's not a game.

TheGSMoeller

How about that Brazil vs Uruguay match yesterday?  8)