The Chat Thread

Started by mn dave, June 17, 2008, 11:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken B

Quote from: Greg on October 08, 2015, 10:56:35 AM
Just a reminder: don't take oxycodone, even a small dosage, and drive. Especially on only 6 hours of sleep. Almost a miracle I didn't fall asleep even when over 70 mph on the highway. Wish I would have known about this before...

Ook.

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Ken B on October 08, 2015, 01:01:14 PM
Ook.
Thought it could have been the Ibuprofen at first, but if it were, I'd be asleep right now.  Process of elimination. :P

Ken B

Quote from: Greg on October 08, 2015, 01:16:28 PM
Thought it could have been the Ibuprofen at first, but if it were, I'd be asleep right now.  Process of elimination. :P

Tips for Greg
Don't jump off moving trains.
Don't pet crocodiles.
Don't go hunting with Dick Cheney.

ibanezmonster

Jumping off a moving train sounds fun, though.

ibanezmonster

Oh. Here it says "no driving" on my oral surgery post-op care paper. I guess actually reading is a good idea?

Karl Henning

Quote from: Greg on October 08, 2015, 10:56:35 AM
Just a reminder: don't take oxycodone, even a small dosage, and drive. Especially on only 6 hours of sleep. Almost a miracle I didn't fall asleep even when over 70 mph on the highway. Wish I would have known about this before...
Goodness! Glad you're all right.

(Unless you're posting ... from Beyond ....)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

ibanezmonster

Quote from: karlhenning on October 09, 2015, 03:03:00 AM
Goodness! Glad you're all right.

(Unless you're posting ... from Beyond ....)
;D

Two things leanred yesterday:
1. Greg is ignorant of pharmaceutical-related stuff
2. Greg sometimes jumps into important situations with no plan or isn't being careful. It even says "be careful driving" on the container! lol

North Star

Quote from: Greg on October 09, 2015, 06:41:06 AM
;D

Two things leanred yesterday:
1. Greg is ignorant of pharmaceutical-related stuff
2. Greg sometimes jumps into important situations with no plan or isn't being careful. It even says "be careful driving" on the container! lol
Still not cool that the whoever in the hospital gave the drugs didn't say that to you.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

ibanezmonster

Quote from: North Star on October 09, 2015, 07:04:27 AM
Still not cool that the whoever in the hospital gave the drugs didn't say that to you.
True. My dentist did everything else right, though, even called back after 8 pm that day to make sure I was okay. The guy that handed me the medication was the assistant. And I could have pulled over to the side of the road if I really needed to (I did consider it).

That stuff is something else, though- after about 15 minutes, you instantly get shaky and tired even if you were alert before. And the first 4 hours after arriving at my internship, I couldn't stay awake for more than 2 minutes at a time, going instantly into vivid dreams but not staying asleep because of obvious reasons. And after the 4 hours, I had no problem staying awake. So incredibly abrupt.

Karl Henning

Perhaps you should have gone home (by cab) rather than to your internship?  :)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

ibanezmonster

Quote from: karlhenning on October 09, 2015, 08:49:08 AM
Perhaps you should have gone home (by cab) rather than to your internship?  :)
Well, it was the day after that I went. The effect started to kick in 15 minutes into my drive.

Ken B

So ever since ios8 my iPad mini has been getting worse and worse. Even worse with ios9. Today I did a factory reset. It is much better. Not up to the new tablets, or even my new android phone, but much better than the state Apple put it in with the upgrades. In case anyone else is having iOS woes.

I did a couple of other things too. I got a new browser, Maxthon. It is clearly faster than Safari. I turned off a lot of notifications too. All in all in it now runs much, much better, so I don't feel the need to replace it yet.

Karl Henning

Dang.  I keep forgetting that Sean's having notes in an essay he once wrote, makes his artistic opinion binding upon All the World . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

ibanezmonster

Couldn't play Magic: The Gathering with my friend and his roomates because "shit happened." Today I find out from someone I work with (he thinks this stuff is crazy, too) that was going to join us that it was because they were "doing a seance, and something happened with some god they supposedly worship and one of the roomates has multiple people living inside of her."

Smh...

Quote from: karlhenning on October 24, 2015, 05:16:04 AM
Dang.  I keep forgetting that Sean's having notes in an essay he once wrote, makes his artistic opinion binding upon All the World . . . .
I almost misread that as "Dang! Forget to keep notes in my notebook of Sean's artistic opinions." That's what happens when you skim over a sentence.

ibanezmonster

kishnevi

Boughta tshirt with this graphic.
I was a Brit Lit major after all.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on November 03, 2015, 07:07:28 PM
Boughta tshirt with this graphic.
I was a Brit Lit major after all.

Borrowing that for a tweet.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

ibanezmonster

https://www.youtube.com/v/A8UTj8lQJhY

https://www.youtube.com/v/OJAuVQlLxD0

This is what yesterday made me temporarily reconsider living in Japan instead of this country.

And on top of that, many older people now think that all college students are batshit insane like this (which doesn't help them accept the idea that college should be free/taxpayer-funded).

At least for now, I can try to visit facebook/surf the internet less. Not easy, but I'm getting tired of stumbling upon stuff online trying to convince me that I'm a privileged, oppressive sexist racist because I was born a white male. Muslims shouldn't feel the need to apologize for Paris and I shouldn't feel the need to apologize for others, either.

Just try... to resist the temptation to surf the web when doing homework. And don't read the web, just play a game.