What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kullervo

Quote from: Lethe on December 29, 2008, 01:16:37 PM
OMG arsenic! :D

Really? I was certain it tasted like cyanide...

Brünnhilde forever

My second best loved breakfast: Buckwheat Pancakes!  :)

Bogey

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on December 30, 2008, 07:36:26 AM
My second best loved breakfast: Buckwheat Pancakes!  :)

The key is what looks to be the true maple syrup you are using there, Lis.  We get ours from relatives in Maine.  Much better than Log Cabin.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Brünnhilde forever

Bingo, Bogey! It not only looks like, it IS the real thing. I admit I was hesitating a bit standing in the store looking at all the 'Maple Syrup' variations available, and then reading the small print on the labels. You are lucky to have family in Maine, even with postage probably cheaper than then $9.99 I paid for the small bottle, but it's worth every drop!  ;D

Bogey

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on December 30, 2008, 09:44:53 AM
Bingo, Bogey! It not only looks like, it IS the real thing. I admit I was hesitating a bit standing in the store looking at all the 'Maple Syrup' variations available, and then reading the small print on the labels. You are lucky to have family in Maine, even with postage probably cheaper than then $9.99 I paid for the small bottle, but it's worth every drop!  ;D

As my 84 year old Grandma from Maine would say, "You betcha!"

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

Starting now, just water for 24 hours.  I have my blood drawn tomorrow for testing (cholesterol).  It runs extremely high in my family.

karlhenning

Success & health to you, Bill!

Brünnhilde forever

Then maybe I should not post a picture of the main course of my dinner when you, Bogey Dear, are on water. Just skip my posts for today, look at it tomorrow. Wishing a perfect result of your test!
:-*

In the mean time: No Beethoven 7th this time, I want this lovely piece of fresh salmon, caught by the fishermen of the Lumi Indian tribe - a bit North of Seattle - be perfectly baked, with the fresh asparagus. I learned from Nigel baking them instead of steam or boil, preserves more of the delicate flavour.

Not Barenboim today, it is Keenlyside crooning operetta songs monopolising my time! But I have the timer set, very loud! ;)

Brünnhilde forever

Am I the only one cooking today?  ???

Everybody sinning at the Golden Arches?  ???

Lis

Kullervo

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on December 30, 2008, 11:06:11 AM
Am I the only one cooking today?  ???

Everybody sinning at the Golden Arches?  ???

Lis

I ate home fries, just like every day. Ah, poverty.

toledobass

Notice the other key to Lis' food: healthy pats of butter.

Never miss an opportunity to get more butter into your food!

Allan

Renfield

Quote from: toledobass on December 30, 2008, 11:34:52 AM
Never miss an opportunity to get more butter into your food!

I dare say the issue of cardiovascular health can be raised. :o

Brünnhilde forever

Hmmm. - OK, I'll tell you: The casserole for the salmon has a nice film of Benissimo Basil Tomato Olive Oil. oil. The breakfast buckwheat pancakes contain 2 tbsp of Martinis Greek Olive Oil. But if I want something delicious on my potatoes, for instance, it will not be the artificial substance Smart Balancepeddled by the snake oil salesman on national radio; nor will it be the crude oil product called margarine!

I also walk one hour every morning - but I won't tell you my age nor list my records on the national swimming champion listing.  :P

Bogey

Ah, but Lis, once I get my results back, salmon may be one of the few foods that I can eat.  I will be contacting you for the above and other ways to prep properly.  ;D

For now, I will have to chew on this:

Bogey

Quote from: karlhenning on December 30, 2008, 10:17:37 AM
Success & health to you, Bill!

Thanks much, Karl.  I will report what I perceive to be record breaking numbers once they are obtained.  Maybe get some dishes here that will help decrease my arterial encumbrance.

Renfield

Quote from: Renfield on December 30, 2008, 12:01:36 PM
I dare say the issue of cardiovascular health can be raised. :o

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on December 30, 2008, 12:20:12 PM
Hmmm. - OK, I'll tell you: The casserole for the salmon has a nice film of Benissimo Basil Tomato Olive Oil. oil. The breakfast buckwheat pancakes contain 2 tbsp of Martinis Greek Olive Oil. But if I want something delicious on my potatoes, for instance, it will not be the artificial substance Smart Balancepeddled by the snake oil salesman on national radio; nor will it be the crude oil product called margarine!

I also walk one hour every morning - but I won't tell you my age nor list my records on the national swimming champion listing.  :P

That is an excellent example of using butter well. In fact, I use some butter in my cooking (when I have time for such a thing as cooking) too, if as a second preference to olive oil; not to mention in dishes far inferior to your masterworks. And I despise margarine.

But what Allan said was rather more radical. (I'm not saying that's what he meant, of course!)

toledobass

Yeah, I guess I should say I never miss an opportunity to get butter into my food or maybe I hope you are lucky enough to use butter however you please.

Allan

SonicMan46

Quote from: Bogey on December 30, 2008, 10:15:42 AM
Starting now, just water for 24 hours.  I have my blood drawn tomorrow for testing (cholesterol).  It runs extremely high in my family.

Bill - yep I get a fasting 'lipid profile' twice a year myself; but no need to 'torture' yourself on a 24-hr water diet - I usually do a 14-hr overnight fast, which is a standard recommendation - enjoy an early light veggie dinner the night before (Susan makes me an oriental tofu dish that is delicious!) - good luck w/ the test!  Dave  :)

Brünnhilde forever

I enjoyed your company today for breakfast, dinner - my main meal at noon, - and now I'll share my supper with you: A Cara Cara orange, usually a bit messy to peel and separate, but it's worth the effort.

And this is it for the day. Have a great evening!  :-*

Lis

SonicMan46

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on December 30, 2008, 02:57:43 PM
I enjoyed your company today for breakfast, dinner - my main meal at noon, - and now I'll share my supper with you: A Cara Cara orange, usually a bit messy to peel and separate, but it's worth the effort.

And this is it for the day. Have a great evening!  :-*

Lis - please don't leave us so early w/o telling us about your 'swimming records'!  Dave  8)