What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay F

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on April 05, 2009, 07:26:33 PM
Today's Braised Pork; a bit heavy on the carrots and leeks, especially the dark green parts of the leeks. It didn't hurt the taste, only the aesthetic view of the dish!  :-[

It looks absolutely delicious. Online Meal of the Day award.

Brünnhilde forever

Very grateful for your compliment!  :-*

Your charming pooch gets to lick the plate! - Aren't we supposed to conserve energy? Saves loading the dishwasher!  ;D

jlaurson

Does that thing come with a body, too -- or is it one of those rare neck-only dogs?  ;D

I imagine something like this:

Kullervo

Kullervo

Quote from: nicht schleppend on April 06, 2009, 04:49:44 AM
Glad I'm not your dog.

Gee, you're really defensive when it comes to dogs.  ::)

jlaurson

Quote from: Corey on April 06, 2009, 04:55:24 AM
Quote from: nicht schleppend on Today at 04:49:44 AM
Glad I'm not your dog.

Gee, you're really defensive when it comes to dogs.   ::)

Me, a dog? No. I have my own preferences when it comes to pets.

P.S. Gee... don't take this as an offense. It's a very cute dog and a much happier avatar/picture than some old, gamy, out of print Bernstein Mahler cover.   :D

Jay F

Quote from: jlaurson on April 06, 2009, 06:04:36 AM
Me, a dog? No. I have my own preferences when it comes to pets.

P.S. Gee... don't take this as an offense. It's a very cute dog and a much happier avatar/picture than some old, gamy, out of print Bernstein Mahler cover.   :D

Well, you're going to have to settle for old and gamy.

Haffner

Fiber One pancakes with mashed bananas and strawberries mixed in, topped with a heap o' Jif Peanut Butter and Vermont maple syrup.

Lethevich

I have just discovered the beautiful simplicity of frying Halloumi cheese. It makes a great sandwich with smoked mackerel, lemon juice, tarragon (which I overuse in everything) and pepper. My main concern as far as tweaks go is finding a way to make it taste less dry, not sure of a solution yet.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Benji

Quote from: Lethe on April 06, 2009, 08:15:27 AM
I have just discovered the beautiful simplicity of frying Halloumi cheese. It makes a great sandwich with smoked mackerel, lemon juice, tarragon (which I overuse in everything) and pepper. My main concern as far as tweaks go is finding a way to make it taste less dry, not sure of a solution yet.

Tarragon with smoked mackerel? I wouldn't have thought they would make a good match. And with lemon and pepper too? You do like your max out the flavour in your sandwiches I see!  ;D

If you were just having the halloumi and mackerel, a bit of tomato salsa would add some good moisture, but i'd subsitute the tarragon for some basil.  :)

toledobass

Quote from: Lethe on April 06, 2009, 08:15:27 AM

Aioli?  ;D

Lethevich

Quote from: Benji on April 06, 2009, 08:27:21 AM
Tarragon with smoked mackerel? I wouldn't have thought they would make a good match. And with lemon and pepper too? You do like your max out the flavour in your sandwiches I see!  ;D

I abuse flavours :D My friends conspicuously decline anything I cook that has garlic in it... 0:)

The salsa and aioli suggestions are really good - I'll try something like that next time when I have time to plan it properly.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Benji

Quote from: toledobass on April 06, 2009, 08:28:56 AM
Aioli?  ;D

Cripes! There's no amount of breath mints that would be able to cover up that combo.

toledobass

Wait I thought of something that might work and requires no additional preperations either.

How bout just a nice honey mustard?

orbital

A sun dried tomato bagel with pesto, fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. and coffee.

Jay F

I'm making mushroom soup tonight.

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

haydnguy

Kullervo

Quote from: BaxMan on April 09, 2009, 09:07:59 PM
Grapes at midnight.  :D

That's an Orson Welles flick isn't it?

I'm eating this guy's chicken.

SonicMan46

Couple of nights ago on an overnight trip to Charlotte, we dined at Blue Restaurant & Bar - our second time, and definitely a place that we will visit again -  ;D

Check the link for the dinner menu, if interested - we both started 'light' w/ the Poached Pear and Baby Arugula Salad:  Italy -spiced walnuts, Gorgonzola dolce and a Chianti reduction - just delicious combination of flavors & textures.

Susan have the Lamb Tagine:  Morocco - slow cooked lamb shank simmered with Ras el Hanout and a blend of apricots, dates, carrots, beets and saffron potatoes.

I had the Whole Roasted Mediterranean Sea Bass:  Greece - whole roasted Bronzini with fresh herbs, artichokes, pear tomatoes and a lemon spinach orzo pasta; indeed a whole fish, filleted at your table - moist & succulent!  Next time, I'm ordering the Wild Boar!

For dessert, we shared the Pistachio and Roasted Pear Baklava w/ Cardamon and Saffron Mascarspone - quite a unique restaurant bringing in recipes and flavors from different parts of the world -  :D  P.S. a couple of glasses of Italian Pinot Grigio for me -  ;)