What are you eating?

Started by toledobass, April 07, 2007, 11:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozart

I just made my weekly friday falafel all alone...and I am worried. It's the first time I did it by myself and it came out redder than usual...I added fava beans and it also came out to be twice as much as usual...hope it will fry ok!

Which got me to thinking, does a falafel waffle exist? Foods that rhyme are always delicious.

***What do you know, it wasn't so unique an idea.

What do you guys think? If I open the internation house of falafelwaffle would you guys be customers?
"I am the musical tree, eat of my fruit and your spirit shall rejoiceth!"
- Amadeus 6:26

Lilas Pastia

A million calories and 10 pounds more after my last post here ::)

Re: Olive oil. It's like wine. There are as many varieties as there are soils, lighting, cultivation and harvesting processes. If you say 'olive oil', you can as well say 'white wine'. If you don't like the taste, it could be you, the grape variety, or the producer. Go figure. The important thing to remember is that  olive oil is one of Nature's gifts to humankind (like wine, cheese, tea and maple syrup). Treat it with respect, and it will treat you with taste  0:)

jlaurson

Saturday Morning.

Szell's Haydn playing.

Haydn
Early London Symphonies

George Szell, Cleveland Orchestra
Sony

Coffee made, hot milk added...

Apple cake devoured.*

*Picture mine, but cake from bakery.

Mozart

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on July 24, 2009, 07:08:50 PM
A million calories and 10 pounds more after my last post here ::)

Re: Olive oil. It's like wine. There are as many varieties as there are soils, lighting, cultivation and harvesting processes. If you say 'olive oil', you can as well say 'white wine'. If you don't like the taste, it could be you, the grape variety, or the producer. Go figure. The important thing to remember is that  olive oil is one of Nature's gifts to humankind (like wine, cheese, tea and maple syrup). Treat it with respect, and it will treat you with taste  0:)

Haha, you had to be Canadian!
"I am the musical tree, eat of my fruit and your spirit shall rejoiceth!"
- Amadeus 6:26

bhodges

Terra Blues potato chips, delicious. 

Awhile back I bought some blue potatoes at a local greenmarket and made mashed potatoes out of them.  It was worth the entire effort just for the color, a sort of bluish-purple.

--Bruce

Tapkaara

I just had a banana, a piece of string cheese and a V8. Mmmmmm....!

MishaK

Just had a homemade Yaki Udon with mostly local organic ingredients.

Harpo

Quote from: Tapkaara on July 30, 2009, 08:46:01 AM
I just had a banana, a piece of string cheese and a V8. Mmmmmm....!

That's exactly what SonicMan has for lunch every day!! (minus the cheese)
If music be the food of love, hold the mayo.

DavidW

Quote from: Harpo on July 31, 2009, 12:30:57 PM
That's exactly what SonicMan has for lunch every day!! (minus the cheese)

Well I thought he would have an unusual animal for lunch-- like Koala bear sandwich. ;D

Harpo

Quote from: DavidW on July 31, 2009, 12:49:01 PM
Well I thought he would have an unusual animal for lunch-- like Koala bear sandwich. ;D

Rhinoceros ragout or kurried koala on weekends

DavidW

Quote from: Harpo on July 31, 2009, 05:11:12 PM
Rhinoceros ragout or kurried koala on weekends

or poached panda! :D

greg

Oh yeah? Well, I had bald eagle and manatee for dinner tonight.

Harpo

Quote from: Greg on July 31, 2009, 07:25:03 PM
Oh yeah? Well, I had bald eagle and manatee for dinner tonight.

Eeew! The Dept. of the Interior will be at your door momentarily.

We are in Indianapolis visiting our son and have eaten at least 14 raw oysters apiece from several parts of the US and Canada. A real treat! No connubial comments please  >:(

DavidW

Quote from: Harpo on August 01, 2009, 06:30:43 AM
Eeew! The Dept. of the Interior will be at your door momentarily.

We are in Indianapolis visiting our son and have eaten at least 14 raw oysters apiece from several parts of the US and Canada. A real treat! No connubial comments please  >:(

It's the great raw oyster tour! :D

zamyrabyrd

Does anyone like Halloumi? A little goes a long way with this concentrated Cypriot cheese that is best cooked. I just fried a half piece of bacon (butter is good too) and put three mall eraser size pieces that melted like mozzarella. Small, but satisfying.

Yesterday, I discovered that mirin (rice vinegar) works well on baked fish, as I didn't have any white wine.

ZB
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

jlaurson

Quote from: zamyrabyrd on August 01, 2009, 06:45:06 AM
Does anyone like Halloumi? A little goes a long way with this concentrated Cypriot cheese that is best cooked. I just fried a half piece of bacon (butter is good too) and put three mall eraser size pieces that melted like mozzarella. Small, but satisfying.

Yep... I also like it grilled--especially when I have to add substance to the vegetarian grill-fare of my lady-friend. A hearty mushroom (Portabellos, for example) can take it... ditto grilled red peppers.

Brian

Quote from: Harpo on August 01, 2009, 06:30:43 AM
Hey! Love Indianapolis. Maybe that's because I'm from Indiana.  8)

SonicMan46

Well, just 'chiming in' from Indianapolis - our last night here - yes, we've shared oysters two nights and returning to Kona Jack's Fish Market & Sushi Bar, and will likely share another dozen (or more!) oysters!  Believe that we'll go for sushi tonight - yumm!  :D

Will be returning to North Carolina tomorrow, i.e. Sunday - expect a bunch of CD packages in the mail on Monday (held back for 4 days) - will likely be reporting in the 'listening' et al threads next week!

Just read some of those lunch menus!  Must say that some of those options do sound tasty (although many illegal!  Reminds me of that movie The Freshman (1990) w/ Marlon Brando & Matthew Broderick; remember the komodo dragon scenes for those that have seen this flick?) - but, yes, my 'work' lunches are quite light, mostly fruit (including a LOT of bananas) - save up my more 'gourmet' feasting for dinners!

See 'ya all soon in the usual threads - Dave  :D  P.S. correct spelling of the dragon made, thanks to Harpo; pic of animal below also added!

DavidW

Dave, the komono dragon is the only thing I remember from that movie! :D  It's been awhile. ;D

Lilas Pastia