I don't want a pickle...I just want to ride my motercikle

Arlo
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Mozart

I made a tomato, carrot, apple, pear, banana, oat, coconut, spinach, and cucumber smoothie. With pineapple juice.
"I am the musical tree, eat of my fruit and your spirit shall rejoiceth!"
- Amadeus 6:26

Chosen Barley

Quote from: Mozart on August 17, 2009, 07:09:20 PM
I made a tomato, carrot, apple, pear, banana, oat, coconut, spinach, and cucumber smoothie. With pineapple juice.

That is quite a mulligan's stew.  I would think that the tomato would clash with the sweet fruits.   Does it taste good or do you just drink this for your health? 
Saint: A dead sinner revised and edited.

Mozart

Quote from: Chosen Barley on August 17, 2009, 09:37:28 PM
That is quite a mulligan's stew.  I would think that the tomato would clash with the sweet fruits.   Does it taste good or do you just drink this for your health? 

In a smoothie, there is usually a dominant flavor and a base which taste the most. You wouldn't even notice the tomato, and the other things just affect the texture. Like carrots change the texture and color, but the taste only slightly. The main taste in this smoothie was spinach...at first I didn't love it, but by the third cup it was delicious and sweet. Maybe the color at first got to me, it looked like some green junk that came out of my mouth and not going in, but its not like I made dirty faces swallowing the stuff. It's probably easier to drink spinach than eat it anyways. I guess you could make 1 really awful smoothie of green leaves and banana and just take it down as fast and painlessly as possible, and then another delicious one with fruits and yummy stuff.

I'll go shopping today and yesterdays will seem delicious next to the one I'll make tomorrow >:D

Mozart

My new smoothie today is spinach, kale, carrots, tomato, pear, peach, plum, black grapes, strawberries, honey, oats, coconut, and...i think that is it...some cinammon and orange juice.

It has the most intense flavor I have ever tasted. One tiny sip and my mouth is just loaded with tastes. Its very yummy and I don't want to drink it too fast. And its surprisingly a dark purple in color and not like guacamole green this time. I used lots of greens, so I expected a green color.

Brünnhilde ewig

Guess what I'll be eating for the next weeks? My gardener just brought me a box of those delicious, tree ripened peaches!

How many ways to make them into meals? Hmmm, with cream, icecream, yogurt, ? ? ?

toledobass

You forgot jam, or salsa or COBBLER!!!  Try grilling them and adding to a salad or grilling and adding a dollop of whipped cream and garnishing with a drizzle of balsamic syrup or a couple of mint leaves. Maybe a foccacia with thin slices of oven dried peaches layered on top? I wish I were in the position you face!!!!!!

Allan

Brünnhilde ewig

And I wish you were here to do all that for me, Allan!

I don't grill, I don't have the equipment for this method of preparing food; tried it once on one of those slotted thingies and worked for an hour to get the goop cleaned off. If the dishwasher doesn't clean it, Lis ain't gonna use it!

Jam and cobbler might be made, thank you!  :-*

Correction: Those are Nectarines, not Peaches!  :-[

Mozart

I bought raw cacao beans, agave honey, coconut water, quinoa cakes...

fantastic stuff....all of it

Mozart

Hmmm I bought some type of germ, I assumed it was wheat germ, but maybe its oat germ? When I chew it, it changes into some type of butterlike texture. And it tasted I don't know a bit honeylike. Then the after taste was bitter. I wonder what it is.

Chosen Barley

Quote from: Mozart on August 20, 2009, 07:08:36 PM
Hmmm I bought some type of germ, I assumed it was wheat germ, but maybe its oat germ? When I chew it, it changes into some type of butterlike texture. And it tasted I don't know a bit honeylike. Then the after taste was bitter. I wonder what it is.

Mozart, that might be corn germ.  It is naturally sweet and a bit crunchy and rather wonderful, in my opinion.  I don't know how "butterlike" it gets but the sweetness sure is there.  What a great food; I just love it.   
Saint: A dead sinner revised and edited.

Mozart

Quote from: Chosen Barley on August 20, 2009, 08:23:36 PM
Mozart, that might be corn germ.  It is naturally sweet and a bit crunchy and rather wonderful, in my opinion.  I don't know how "butterlike" it gets but the sweetness sure is there.  What a great food; I just love it.   

Well its flakes, but i meant butterlike in texture, it feels like with saliva it turns into some type of sweet batter? I will ask next time I go...

I bought it in Mexico so it could possibly be corn germ...interesting thanks!

very different from wheat germ certainly.

Lilas Pastia

Allan, this looks to me like the bibitte in the Alien movies  :P. I prefer to see my lobsta' from the top, not the bottom  ;D

Tonight I'm fixing filet mignon steaks. We have a great place for meat here in Laval at ridiculous prices. Filet mignon is sold as a whole 2-3 pound piece for 15$ a kilo - that's 6.50$ a pound. I cut it in very thick portions and rub them with jamaican jerk seasoning (it's a paste, not a powder). Then I lovingly fondle the filets with sweet tamarind sauce and delicately massage them with olive oil. They're ready to be grilled 4 hours later. If it was me, it would be served with tossed salad only. But my wife will only have her steak with frites... ;)

Franco

I just finished a Mediterranean plate, stuffed grape leaves, hummus, black olives - which was nice, but this weekend I made lamb curry which came out perfect, and we had that with rice Friday and Saturday.

jlaurson

Baby Shoat. Succulent Suckling.

Harpo

Quote from: jlaurson on August 25, 2009, 11:04:34 AM

They look so CUTE!  :)  Do you eat them with or without the fur?
If music be the food of love, hold the mayo.

jlaurson

Quote from: jlaurson on August 25, 2009, 11:04:34 AM

Quote from: Harpo on August 25, 2009, 11:44:47 AM
They look so CUTE!  :)  Do you eat them with or without the fur?

Unlike these pot-belly-piglets (below), boar-piglets probably have to be de-furred. To be honest, I've never seen the process and I'm not sure I'm keen on it, either. When I took those pictures, I wasn't at the local butcher's shop but a game reserve... The one I ate was--hopefully--not nearly as cute.  ;)

SonicMan46

Quote from: jlaurson on August 25, 2009, 11:54:53 AM
Unlike these pot-belly-piglets (below), boar-piglets probably have to be de-furred. To be honest, I've never seen the process and I'm not sure I'm keen on it, either. When I took those pictures, I wasn't at the local butcher's shop but a game reserve... The one I ate was--hopefully--not nearly as cute.  ;)

Hi Jens - I've had suckling piglet a couple of times (and was quite tasty!); but I must say that despite loving 'young' animals to eat (i.e. veal, lamb, etc.), they are quite cute - years ago, we were on a vacation to British Columbia, and ate at a 'Chinese seafood' restaurant - ordered a whole fish & a lobster; well, the animals were brought to the table LIVE!  Not a problem - they are not too attractive, so easy for us to eat once cooked (and absolutely delicious) - but could you imagine a little calf or baby lamb being brought to your dinner table!  :o ;D

Harpo

On the way home from Highlands yesterday we stopped at a place called Butch's BBQ and Breakfast in Morganton NC. They make everything from scratch every day. They specialize in barbecue, of course. Sonic had a chopped pork plate with cole slaw and redskin potato salad which he said was superb. I had a "pulled chicken" sandwich, chunks of roasted chicken on a bun with barbecue sauce, with red slaw (vinegar sauce) and seasoned potato wedges. They have ribs, bbq chicken and smoked turkeys as well. Another great indigenous meal. We didn't look at the desserts, but I bet they had good ole banana pudding.  :) Butch's has a smoker out back and several wagons and trucks for catering picnics and parties, to disseminate their delicious cuisine.
If music be the food of love, hold the mayo.