Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: Cato on November 27, 2018, 12:03:02 PM
Thanks!  All things FaceBook, etc. are blocked at my school, for obvious reasons.  SO I can only check messages via FaceBook at home.

I sent an e-mail to Maria with some specific questions, which I hope, if Time allows, she will be able to answer.

Many thanks for your reporting on Karl's condition through your network of sources!

Cato

Maria Bablyak wrote the following in the afternoon:

Mom and I are still very concerned and trying to help Karl get back on his feet as much as we can.

Need help tomorrow, Wednesday to drive mom to the MGH for her doctor's appointments from Lahey clinic in Burlington and back. I need to be with Karl.

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

JBS

For those who would like to send a get-well card or note to Karl, his address is findable at whitepages.com. (He lives in Woburn MA).

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Cato

Quote from: JBS on November 27, 2018, 03:07:30 PM
For those who would like to send a get-well card or note to Karl, his address is findable at whitepages.com. (He lives in Woburn MA).

A good idea! 

No updates yet from his wife: today Karl is supposed to begin treatment at a rehabilitation center specializing in problems from strokes.

Cato

Quote from: Cato on November 28, 2018, 11:50:16 AM
A good idea! 

No updates yet from his wife: today Karl is supposed to begin treatment at a rehabilitation center specializing in problems from strokes.

A small amount of news from Karl's brother:

Through all that's happened, he remains upbeat and hopeful

Cato

A nice update on Karl from his brother:

Karl called me yesterday at 06:30, which was a pleasant surprise. He then responded to a group family text.

His Doctors are very pleased with his recovery so far. He's going through many types of therapies to help him regain Speech, physical movements and other things that don't come to mind right yet.

So that was nice to know!

schnittkease

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Ken B

steve ridgway

Great, it's very promising now Karl's progressed to the therapy stage :).

springrite

Will add some Buddhist prayers from this side of the earth and there will be much Henningmusik played at the house tonight.

Love ya, big fella!

Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Cato

Quote from: North Star on November 29, 2018, 12:43:58 AM
+6

All right, all right!   :D 

I am hoping that Karl will be able to "stop by" his headquarters very soon to see all these wonderful and healing comments.

No updates from overnight, so let us assume that the recovery is on track.  Exactly how hindered he might be remains unclear.

I feel like a five-year old again on U.S. Route 40 in the back seat of the car, while my father drives us in a large Pontiac from Dayton to Indianapolis (c. 100 miles): yes, I actually did say:

"Are we there yet?  How much longer?!"   0:)

mc ukrneal

Waiting is hard, but it's great to see the GMG community rally around him.  I just hope he's in good spirits and healing as best he can.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Jaakko Keskinen

"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Papy Oli

Promising news indeed, thank you for the updates Cato.
Olivier