Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: Brewski on December 12, 2018, 01:37:13 PM
Wow, look who's here!  So glad you are feeling up to returning to online citizenry, and wishing you more "leaps and bounds" every day.

--Bruce

+1

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

zamyrabyrd

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

vandermolen

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 13, 2018, 10:32:48 AM
My balance andgait are good

Excellent. All strength to you Karl.
Keep up the good work.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Cato

My balance and gait are good

Wow!  Hip hip hurray!  Or should we say: Foot foot, knee knee, yippee ?!   8)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Cato

The fund-raising for Karl on FaceBook is approaching $8,000.  Things have slowed, unfortunately.

As they used to say in the old days: "That is all." 

Todd

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 10, 2018, 02:20:23 PM
On the mend,  therapy going well  incremental progress each day.

Most excellent news.  I sincerely hope your progress continues unabated until you are fully back to your old self. 
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Cato

Karl sent a mini-update that he is making "baby steps" with his left hand: his left side experienced nearly complete paralysis at first,

So, more good news!   0:)

André

steve ridgway

Yes, great. Going from total paralysis to any amount of movement is a very significant step :).

Elgarian Redux

Quote from: Cato on December 15, 2018, 03:37:22 AM
The fund-raising for Karl on FaceBook is approaching $8,000.  Things have slowed, unfortunately.

But the total - including the other fund (GoFundMe) is now over $15,000. And we don't know how many 'invisible' direct donations there have been in addition to those.

zamyrabyrd

My balance and gait are good

WINNING IS GREAT!
WINNING FEELS GOOD!
KEEP ON WINNING!
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one."

― Charles MacKay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

Jaakko Keskinen

Quote from: Cato on December 15, 2018, 05:58:11 PM
Karl sent a mini-update that he is making "baby steps" with his left hand: his left side experienced nearly complete paralysis at first,

So, more good news!   0:)

Great to hear that he's making progress even with his left hand! Thank you for the update!  :)
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

ritter

Quote from: Alberich on December 16, 2018, 03:52:11 AM
Great to hear that he's making progress even with his left hand! Thank you for the update!  :)
+1... Keep it up, Karl:)

Florestan

Quote from: Alberich on December 16, 2018, 03:52:11 AM

+ 2

Karl is a fighter and a winner. He'll make it just fine, I have no doubts about it.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Cato

Quote from: Elgarian Redux on December 16, 2018, 01:11:14 AM
But the total - including the other fund (GoFundMe) is now over $15,000. And we don't know how many 'invisible' direct donations there have been in addition to those.

Quote from: Florestan on December 16, 2018, 05:49:52 AM
+ 2

Karl is a fighter and a winner. He'll make it just fine, I have no doubts about it.

On FaceBook the fund-raising is $42. away from $8,000!

So far, no other news.

Cato

Check out this very nice gesture!

Holy Trinity Methodist Church dedicated their Christmas concert today to Karl!

See:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Holy-Trinity-Methodist-Church/123956681065325

SymphonicAddict

Just I've found out the amazing recovery of Karl. Congratulations! Being alive and conscious is the best Christmas present that you could receive, and, overall, for all, especially your family. I hope all will go for you on the most positive way.

vandermolen

Quote from: SymphonicAddict on December 16, 2018, 03:15:34 PM
Just I've found out the amazing recovery of Karl. Congratulations! Being alive and conscious is the best Christmas present that you could receive, and, overall, for all, especially your family. I hope all will go for you on the most positive way.

I'd like to echo Cesar's good wishes.
:)