Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Karl Henning

Quote from: Elgarian Redux on December 19, 2018, 12:08:42 AM
That must have been what he was referring to when he said 'the gears are turning'.

Thunderous!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Cato

Quote from: Florestan on December 19, 2018, 10:48:23 AM
You kidding? He's first got to write the symphonic poem Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner which I commissioned for him long time ago.  :)

Quote from: Ken B on December 19, 2018, 11:56:12 AM
Oh jeez. I bet that's an albatross around his neck.

Drat!  You beat me to it!  8)
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Karl Henning

Oxygen Footprint was so well-received by audiences on Ensemble Aubade's recent tour, that I'm starting to think of a companion piece not sure whether to call it Bourbon Footprint or Bourbon Pacification
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Florestan

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 19, 2018, 01:14:09 PM
Oxygen Footprint was so well-received by audiences on Ensemble Aubade's recent tour, that I'm starting to think of a companion piece not sure whether to call it Bourbon Footprint or Bourbon Pacification

Call it whatever you want, the most important thing is that you recovered! Three cheers for you, Karl! Deo gratias!
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Karl Henning

My balance is strong enough and my walking as well, that I have been given liiberty to walk around the floor just with my cane
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Cato

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 19, 2018, 02:07:00 PM
My balance is strong enough and my walking as well, that I have been given liberty to walk around the floor just with my cane

To quote Braveheart: "FREEEEEEDOM!"   8)

We have been wondering about that!  Again, excellent news! 

JBS

My balance is strong enough and my walking as well, that I have been given liiberty to walk around the floor just with my cane

Insert extended ovation here

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Elgarian Redux

Brilliant. There is much table pounding going on here.

Let me know when you're ready to race me down the corridor. (You'll need to give me a start, of course.)

Dungeon Master

We have had our own ongoing family health crisis, so I am very late to the game in catching up. I have donated 2018's GMG subscriptions to Karl's GoFundMe campaign.

As a medical person, I have some small understanding of what Karl, his wife and family are going through. My whole-hearted best wishes, Karl, for a speedy and complete recovery. If its slow, then be it steady.

May I offer a small anecdote? When GMG was still a fledgling site, we had a sudden and large influx of members from another well-known forum. I was warned by one of our existing members that I should keep a close eye on a new member called Karl. He was, I was told, a trouble-maker, incendiary and volatile. Nowadays, such a person would be called an internet troll. So when Karl signed up, I made it my special focus to watch everything he posted. My extra-critical eye was watchful for second meanings and anything inflammatory in his posts. It was only after many months of suspicion that I realised that this Karl was probably not the Karl I was warned about, or that I was being trolled by the warning itself. Karl, as you are all aware, has been the most exemplary member on GMG, always courteous and helpful, insightful, tolerant and wise. A credit to our forum! Thank you, Karl for your contribution to GMG and may it continue well into the future.

cheers
Rob

NikF

^ What a fine and noble gesture. And it speaks volumes about k a rl h e nn i ng, Dungeon Master, and the community as a whole.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Karl Henning

Quote from: Dungeon Master on December 20, 2018, 02:25:59 AM
We have had our own ongoing family health crisis, so I am very late to the game in catching up. I have donated 2018's GMG subscriptions to Karl's GoFundMe campaign.

As a medical person, I have some small understanding of what Karl, his wife and family are going through. My whole-hearted best wishes, Karl, for a speedy and complete recovery. If its slow, then be it steady.

May I offer a small anecdote? When GMG was still a fledgling site, we had a sudden and large influx of members from another well-known forum. I was warned by one of our existing members that I should keep a close eye on a new member called Karl. He was, I was told, a trouble-maker, incendiary and volatile. Nowadays, such a person would be called an internet troll. So when Karl signed up, I made it my special focus to watch everything he posted. My extra-critical eye was watchful for second meanings and anything inflammatory in his posts. It was only after many months of suspicion that I realised that this Karl was probably not the Karl I was warned about, or that I was being trolled by the warning itself. Karl, as you are all aware, has been the most exemplary
member on GMG, always courteous and helpful, insightful, tolerant and wise. A credit to our forum! Thank you, Karl for your contribution to GMG and may it continue well into the future.

cheers
Rob
Thanks a million, Rob
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

SonicMan46

Quote from: Dungeon Master on December 20, 2018, 02:25:59 AM

May I offer a small anecdote? When GMG was still a fledgling site, we had a sudden and large influx of members from another well-known forum. I was warned by one of our existing members that I should keep a close eye on a new member called Karl. He was, I was told, a trouble-maker, incendiary and volatile. Nowadays, such a person would be called an internet troll. So when Karl signed up, I made it my special focus to watch everything he posted. My extra-critical eye was watchful for second meanings and anything inflammatory in his posts. It was only after many months of suspicion that I realised that this Karl was probably not the Karl I was warned about, or that I was being trolled by the warning itself. Karl, as you are all aware, has been the most exemplary member on GMG, always courteous and helpful, insightful, tolerant and wise. A credit to our forum! Thank you, Karl for your contribution to GMG and may it continue well into the future.

Hi Rob - great story and thanks for your GMG contribution to Karl's fund - Dave :)

Jaakko Keskinen

Great to see you back, Karl!
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

Cato

The latest from Karl's wife, artist Maria Bablyak:

We almost have the amount to get Karl through one-third of his rehabilitation! I don't know how to thank enough everyone who donated to help Karl in his struggle to return back to life. We are overwhelmed by the warm response from friends, colleagues and neighbors. Your generosity and kindness certainly give Karl and family tremendous support; seeing that there are so many wonderful people who care encourages and inspires him to fight for recovery and makes both of us feel that we are not alone in this extremely difficult time. Many many thanks to everyone! We know each gift, large or small, came from the heart and we very much appreciate it ❤ Every $1 is giving Karl a chance to regain back the abilities compromised with the stroke. Thank you! 

So as The Reverend Leroy would say: "Dig deep, and make it hurt!"   8)

And one more time, if there is still anybody out there who does not know of The Reverend Leroy:

https://www.youtube.com/v/cgwvSTzWF6w&t=10s

vandermolen

Quote from: NikF on December 20, 2018, 03:32:57 AM
^ What a fine and noble gesture. And it speaks volumes about k a rl h e nn i ng, Dungeon Master, and the community as a whole.

Totally agree.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Cato

Quote from: Cato on December 20, 2018, 11:40:32 AM
The latest from Karl's wife, artist Maria Bablyak:

Here is Maria Bablyak's website with a very small sampling of her art: she could use a commission these days, or a customer for her paintings!

http://www.geocities.ws/maria_bablyak/vo3.html#springflower

André

Quote from: SonicMan46 on December 20, 2018, 07:24:30 AM
Hi Rob - great story and thanks for your GMG contribution to Karl's fund - Dave :)

+ 1

Traverso

That's good news,I wish you a good recovery. :)