Henning's Headquarters

Started by BachQ, April 07, 2007, 12:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlhenning

Of course, there's that classic bit in Much Ado About Nothing where Beatrice finds fault whether a man has a beard ("I'd rather lie in the woollen") or not:

QuoteWhat should I do with him? dress him in my apparel
and make him my waiting-gentlewoman? He that hath a
beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no
beard is less than a man: and he that is more than
a youth is not for me, and he that is less than a
man, I am not for him . . . .

TheGSMoeller

karlhenning

In its unbloopered entirety, yes. Two different performances can be heard here. Thanks for asking, Greg!

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 11, 2011, 09:57:45 AM
In its unbloopered entirety, yes. Two different performances can be heard here. Thanks for asking, Greg!

Great! Thanks for the link, Karl.

karlhenning

My pleasure!  I've got two or three more events I should load up there . . . I haven't been as duly diligent in maintaining my page there as I probably ought . . . .

karlhenning

I was very lazy yesterday. Although I did eventually get to work, it was too late to try to make my way utterly to the end of № 3.  Should get to the close this evening.

karlhenning

No, haven't yet got around to tying up № 3. But will, tonight, without fail!  I had the will to work on it last night, but I knew that if I had set to work, I shouldn't stop before finishing the job — which would have meant staying up later than I ought, considering how early I should need to be out the door to get in to the office.

The news is, that a pianist I know who is a founding member of a new music ensemble here in Boston (and no, it hasn't meant [yet] that she plays any of my music) knows a couple who were in an awful auto accident, and is organizing a benefit concert for them. I shall be playing Irreplaceable Doodles as part of that concert, which will be Tuesday evening, September the 13th.

ibanezmonster

karlhenning

Scheming to arrange some Henningmusick in Ohio. Watch This Space.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 22, 2011, 03:52:07 AM
Scheming to arrange some Henningmusick in Ohio. Watch This Space.

Where in Ohio? I'll be in Wayne County, attending a nephew's wedding in October.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

karlhenning

Wooster, but it looks to be the week of Thanksgiving (before the holiday). How long you staying in Wayne County this trip?

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 23, 2011, 05:15:28 PM
Wooster, but it looks to be the week of Thanksgiving (before the holiday). How long you staying in Wayne County this trip?

The location is perfect for me but unfortunately I'm arriving at the beginning of October and staying only three weeks.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

karlhenning

karlhenning

Dr C writes about harpsichordists and memorization for The Diapason (p.1)

karlhenning

Dr C writes about harpsichordists and memorization for The Diapason (p.2)

karlhenning

No real news by me.  I have started practicing, as I'll be playing the Irreplaceable Doodles as part of a benefit concert this coming Tuesday evening.  It's not an ambitious undertaking, but I want it to come across well.

karlhenning

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on September 07, 2011, 03:38:18 AM
No real news by me.  I have started practicing, as I'll be playing the Irreplaceable Doodles as part of a benefit concert this coming Tuesday evening.  It's not an ambitious undertaking, but I want it to come across well.

Good dose of practicing last night.

New item:  The Cathedral Church of St Paul here in Boston has a weekly podcast; I've just been advised that this Sunday's podcast (11 Sep) will conclude with my Nuhro.  I am not sure if it is actually a recenter (2009) performance of the piece, or an erroneous typographical artifact from a copy-&-paste operation.

Maciek

Wanted to ask for a link but decided to search it out myself.

http://www.stpaulboston.org/avms.asp

And they say it's also available via iTunes.

karlhenning

Zowie, Henningmusick on iTunes!

DavidW

Cool beans, I'll have to give it a listen later. :)