Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

Quote from: JBS on January 17, 2020, 11:46:03 AM
The long horizontal tree trunk with the straight vertical poles (fencing?) In the Pittsburgh picture is bare of earth and grass. In the Scandinavian picture there are no vertical poles and part of the log is buried under grass and earth, and the earth in the foreground is much greener. So if it is the same picture it's been heavily photoshopped. Would it be harder to edit out poles that are in the original, or add in poles that were not in the original?

LOL this is reminding me of the photo analysis discussions on http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/ ::)

KevinP

Cheating a bit here, but certainly one of the worst titles for a (non-baby) CD.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: KevinP on February 14, 2020, 08:05:29 PM

Cheating a bit here, but certainly one of the worst titles for a (non-baby) CD.

How about this?

KevinP

SimonNZ

Peter Power Pop

Madiel

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

SimonNZ

Hey, Peter: do you still have that "Hooked on Darmstadt" cover you were kind enough to make for me? I seem to have lost all trace of it, and its not showing up anymore on this thread.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: SimonNZ on March 02, 2020, 03:42:11 PM
Hey, Peter: do you still have that "Hooked on Darmstadt" cover you were kind enough to make for me? I seem to have lost all trace of it, and it's not showing up anymore on this thread.

I certainly do.

Here's where the image currently* resides: https://postimg.cc/vcdW7NjC

Have fun!

(*It was originally uploaded to Photobucket, but that image-sharing website went bust, so now I use Postimg which is free and fabulous.)

SimonNZ

Peter Power Pop

Irons

Can't help looking away.

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

JBS

Quote from: Irons on March 04, 2020, 06:51:25 AM
Can't help looking away.

? ? ?
The image fits the CD theme (concertos written for the soloists in the Pieta's orchestra).
I have it, no surprise if you know my liking for Biondi, and think it's an excellent recording.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

staxomega

Quote from: SimonNZ on March 01, 2020, 02:58:51 PM

Are they in... body paint?  :o If so the only way this could get better is if the back of the CD case has an image of them from behind

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Irons on March 04, 2020, 06:51:25 AM
Can't help looking away.

Quote from: Florestan on March 04, 2020, 06:59:24 AM
I too wonder what's wrong with that.

It looks to me like the image has been photoshopped. I'd say the eyes have been enlarged. Maybe.

pjme

Indeed, photoshopped ...Reminds me of:

Florestan

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on March 04, 2020, 12:16:56 PM

It looks to me like the image has been photoshopped. I'd say the eyes have been enlarged. Maybe.

Assuming it's true, since when it is a good CD cover supposed to be realistic?
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

André

What the box offers is this:

11 discs, with 2 discs no 10, the 8th one being devoted to... a violinist.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: André on March 04, 2020, 01:16:13 PM

What the box offers is this:

11 discs, with 2 discs no 10, the 8th one being devoted to... a violinist.

Packaging-wise, that's impressively sloppy.

Marta Argerich? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Argerich)