Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on April 20, 2021, 05:00:46 PM

Peter,

Just a suggestion:  make the image size smaller (easier to see and takes up less room on the site).  Here's how:

After you click on the image icon (to the right of the red circle with the 'f' in it), move your cursor over to the first [img] box and add to it[img width=300] or if you want it a bit bigger, you could set it to 4 or 500.  Then proceed as usual.  I'll demonstrate here.... Note:  no space between the width=300.

PD

Pohjolas Daughter

Madiel

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 21, 2021, 09:36:12 AM
Peter,

Just a suggestion:  make the image size smaller (easier to see and takes up less room on the site).  Here's how:

After you click on the image icon (to the right of the red circle with the 'f' in it), move your cursor over to the first [img] box and add to it[img width=300] or if you want it a bit bigger, you could set it to 4 or 500.  Then proceed as usual.  I'll demonstrate here.... Note:  no space between the width=300.

PD

Thanks, PD.

Fixed.

pjme

Quote from: Madiel on April 21, 2021, 01:57:41 PM
Yes. Odd cover. Not terrible.

It made me think of Delibes' "Lakmé" or some other Bayadère / Shéhérazade / Shiva. Not Ludwig.

Madiel

Quote from: pjme on April 22, 2021, 12:14:56 AM
It made me think of Delibes' "Lakmé" or some other Bayadère / Shéhérazade / Shiva. Not Ludwig.

Perhaps. I think the main point is just to look active/animated.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on April 21, 2021, 04:08:38 PM
Thanks, PD.

Fixed.
You're welcome.  :)

Quote from: pjme on April 22, 2021, 12:14:56 AM

It is quite bizarre.  And, yes, it didn't make me think of Ludwig either.  :(

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Madiel

The volume 1 cover is more conventional but I actually like it less.

geralmar

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on April 20, 2021, 05:00:46 PM

There were two reasons for me not liking this cover:

1. The Durga impersonation.

2. The white parts of the image look to me like someone had clumsily ripped the cover in a few places. To me, the white parts are torn paper.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Madiel on April 22, 2021, 05:39:00 AM
The volume 1 cover is more conventional but I actually like it less.

Where black-and-white photography doesn't make the image look better.

Alek Hidell

Someone may have already posted this one, I don't remember.

I mean, seriously, who approved that color for the text??
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Alek Hidell on April 22, 2021, 04:56:00 PM
Someone may have already posted this one, I don't remember.

I mean, seriously, who approved that color for the text??

What a mess.

steve ridgway

steve ridgway

Top marks though for the massive leap in artistic sensibility between 1 and 2. ::)

Florestan

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 17, 2021, 06:09:15 AM
Top marks though for the massive leap in artistic sensibility between 1 and 2. ::)

Nice find!  :D

(The title means The Last Romantic).
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: geralmar on May 17, 2021, 01:44:04 PM

I have the CD and feel the washed-out cover photo-- despite the title-- is unfair to the artist.
I have that CD too.  I understand the idea behind it, but it's too much.  Perhaps just changing the background color would have worked better?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Madiel

Yes, I can see the concept, but the execution isn't good.

VonStupp

Does anyone else find this terrifying?
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

steve ridgway

Quote from: VonStupp on June 02, 2021, 02:35:01 PM

Does anyone else find this terrifying?

Yes - does it date from an era before clowns were regarded as serial killing maniacs?

Biffo

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 03, 2021, 03:21:54 AM
Yes - does it date from an era before clowns were regarded as serial killing maniacs?

Presumably it is supposed to be a Hobgoblin (Chadwick) rather than a clown, still horrible.