Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibanezmonster

Quote from: Ken B on May 02, 2014, 05:24:47 PM
That is why the middle one is extra awful.
He should make one where he puts it between his legs and looks dead straight into your eyes in a gleefully perverted way, while the hole of the trombone is also facing you and there is some milk gushing out of it, aiming for you.

Pat B

Moonfish

Quote from: Greg on May 02, 2014, 06:57:38 PM
He should make one where he puts it between his legs and looks dead straight into your eyes in a gleefully perverted way, while the hole of the trombone is also facing you and there is some milk gushing out of it, aiming for you.
I think they should have more pickled herring on the cd covers...
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on May 02, 2014, 09:39:01 PM
I think they should have more pickled herring on the cd covers...
Or

TheGSMoeller

I reminded of a scene in Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby when Will Farrell, playing Ricky Bobby, is being interviewed and doesn't know what to do with his hands during it. 

EigenUser

At the risk of derailing this thread, isn't the 'stone cutters' the masonic lodge from a Simpsons episode?

It's a secret! Shuuut up!
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Ken B

Quote from: EigenUser on May 06, 2014, 03:27:03 PM
At the risk of derailing this thread, isn't the 'stone cutters' the masonic lodge from a Simpsons episode?

It's a secret! Shuuut up!
Who made Steve Gutenburg a star?

EigenUser

Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

North Star

...'Who keeps the metric system down'...
8)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

ritter

This looks like some kind of road sign  ::) :

Couldn't Universal come up with more adequate artwork for their 300th birthday tribute to Gluck ? ? ? ?

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Gurn Blanston

I have long hesitated to post this CD here, but dammit, as much as I like the disk, the cover is just too bizarre for me! What the hell is the harpsichord doing out in the middle of the yard??  :o  :o

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

springrite

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on May 27, 2014, 06:08:40 PM
I have long hesitated to post this CD here, but dammit, as much as I like the disk, the cover is just too bizarre for me! What the hell is the harpsichord doing out in the middle of the yard??  :o  :o

8)

Must be a cult ritual site, not a yard!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

EigenUser

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on May 27, 2014, 06:08:40 PM

8)
Gurn, I hate to break it to you, but she's not playing Haydn. She's playing Messiaen. :P

(Messiaen wrote a work specifically to be performed outside)

Ken B

Quote from: EigenUser on May 27, 2014, 06:21:16 PM
Gurn, I hate to break it to you, but she's not playing Haydn. She's playing Messiaen. :P

(Messiaen wrote a work specifically to be performed outside)
No I think it's Ligeti. The tip off is the audience size.

:P

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Ken B on May 27, 2014, 06:28:33 PM

I was going to guess Stockhausen. Sonata for outside piano, damp air and audience who demands to remain indoors No. 3 in F flarp major

amw

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: amw on May 27, 2014, 06:48:35 PM
Use the Force, Alexandre!

Photo courtesy of JJ Abrams and his patented ultra lens flare camera.

EigenUser

Quote from: Ken B on May 27, 2014, 06:28:33 PM

Nah, if it were Ligeti you would see me in the picture, at least.

Ken B

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on May 27, 2014, 06:42:59 PM
I was going to guess Stockhausen. Sonata for outside piano, damp air and audience who demands to remain indoors No. 3 in F flarp major
Where's the helicopter?