Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat B

Quote from: Ken B on June 14, 2014, 06:47:47 PM
I like the Phantom of the Opera feel this intrusion has.

Respect, as usual, to Greg. I know how difficult it is to keep Paavo in the background.

Ken B

Quote from: Pat B on June 15, 2014, 12:41:34 PM
Respect, as usual, to Greg. I know how difficult it is to keep Paavo in the background.
You need a leash really.

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: knight66 on June 15, 2014, 11:51:17 AM
It's that old.....having entrails pulled through bum.....look.

And I thought I wanted to be a conductor....

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

knight66

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on June 15, 2014, 05:52:37 PM
And I thought I wanted to be a conductor....

Seemed to happen a lot to Giulini.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

TheGSMoeller

Even when in miniature form The Paavo makes a strong presence. And thank goodness the couch kept the step stool out of site, how embarrassing.

Karl Henning

"Let me keep your bow arm warm for you, honey."
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: karlhenning on June 18, 2014, 06:15:52 AM
"Let me keep your bow arm warm for you, honey."

Caption winner!!  8)

EigenUser

Wow, god I'm so slow. I just realized that you were photoshopping all of these after this last one.
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

The new erato

Quote from: EigenUser on June 18, 2014, 06:19:39 AM
Wow, god I'm so slow. I just realized that you were photoshopping all of these after this last one.
These guys are good.

Ken B

Quote from: EigenUser on June 18, 2014, 06:19:39 AM
Too much Ravel Nate.

>:D :laugh:

EigenUser

Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

TheGSMoeller

Yes! Paavo the tickler of ivory. Good one, Nate!

snyprrr

The Paavo Meme

Congatulations GMG! You have created your own original meme! Now if we can only make it go viral...

The Paavo Meme- to indicate the ubiquitous global reach of the Major Labels- They Are Everywhere!- and that THEY choose who to lift up, and who to put down. Paavo jarvi is just the latest in a looong line of photo-hogs who seem to have the same stupid look on their face for each album cover (Rattle vs Levine 'fros). The Paavo Meme can be liberally used on any classical album cover to garner the requisite lolz, but has great potential to make a crossover break into other areas.

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on April 10, 2014, 03:49:07 PM
And from deep within the burning fires of hell appeared The Harnoncourt...

...but shining brilliantly above the skies, with a counteroffensive was the Aura of Masur.

TheGSMoeller

Huh, sheet music? Who's your daddy?

Dancing Divertimentian

I guess photobombing is now cover art:

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Madiel

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on July 30, 2014, 08:29:30 PM

Huh, sheet music? Who's your daddy?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a permanent winner.

That wouldn't be impressive on my Facebook feed, never mind as a commercial offering.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

North Star

Quote from: orfeo on July 31, 2014, 02:17:35 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a permanent winner.

That wouldn't be impressive on my Facebook feed, never mind as a commercial offering.
I think it is very impressive - not many artists & recording companies would be idiotic and vulgar enough to create something as hideous as that, and use it as an album cover.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr