Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dancing Divertimentian

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

TheGSMoeller

BTW, there seems to be a new cover troll out there. Lookout for The Ma.

Brahmsian

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on September 24, 2014, 06:35:27 PM

:D  Look out!  Competition for Paavo.  ;D

North Star

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on September 24, 2014, 06:35:27 PM

Perahia seems to have gotten the attention of the agents of the CCCP - Chinese Cellists' Communist Party.  8)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Brian

Don't get me wrong, I love cats, but

Brian

It's a deadly cat-and-mouse spy game between Special Agent Ma, a master of disguise, and ... an actual cat.

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: Brian on September 25, 2014, 08:02:53 AM
It's a deadly cat-and-mouse spy game between Special Agent Ma, a master of disguise, and ... an actual cat.

;D

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Peter Power Pop

Peter Power Pop

Apologies if these have already been posted in this thread, but I only just came across a classical music series called... wait for it...

Rise Of The Masters

If you've ever pictured your favourite composers as superheroes here to save Earth, then look no further:

There's a Facebook page for the series.

Moonfish

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on October 17, 2014, 03:35:53 PM
Apologies if these have already been posted in this thread, but I only just came across a classical music series called... wait for it...

Rise Of The Masters

If you've ever pictured your favourite composers as superheroes here to save Earth, then look no further:

It would have been hilarious if they had used the same model wearing different wigs! Regardless, I wonder why anybody would be remotely attracted to those covers?
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Moonfish on October 17, 2014, 03:40:27 PM
It would have been hilarious if they had used the same model wearing different wigs! Regardless, I wonder why anybody would be remotely attracted to those covers?

Maybe the covers have been designed to appeal to people who go to watch movies like this:

http://www.youtube.com/v/qfdux5WPX2c

TheGSMoeller

Alice Sara Ott has a new Country Music album, featuring such hits as "My dog don't love my Pickup" in E minor by Frank List, and "Pathetic Boots" in C by Peter Trainkowsky.
(It is a a nice photo though)

[asin]B003XIDDKU[/asin]

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on October 17, 2014, 03:56:44 PM
Alice Sara Ott has a new Country Music album, featuring such hits as "My dog don't love my Pickup" in E minor by Frank List, and "Pathetic Boots" in C by Peter Trainkowsky.

[asin]B003XIDDKU[/asin]

"It is a nice photo though."

Except for the top of her head getting cut off.

And what an unhelpful font that is. To me, it doesn't blend in with the rest of the visuals at all. It looks more suitable for an intergalactic message from aliens. Maybe the graphic designer had just bought that particular font and thought "Well, I gotta use it on something."

Ken B

[asin]B003XIDDKU[/asin]

Soory Greg, but your clever mockery loses out to the schwing effect. It's hard to beat schwing.

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Ken B on October 17, 2014, 04:44:01 PM
Soory Greg, but your clever mockery loses out to the schwing effect. It's hard to beat schwing.

That's what I was really referring to when I said "It's a nice photo though"  :P  <--- should have added the tongue wag 0:)

Peter Power Pop

[asin]B003XIDDKU[/asin]

Quote from: Ken B on October 17, 2014, 04:44:01 PM

I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself...

(The original.)

Dancing Divertimentian

LOL!!

TheGSMoeller

kishnevi

Quote from: Moonfish on October 17, 2014, 03:40:27 PM

They have appeared on this thread before.  But at that time we were matching them up with members of the Corleone family.  I think Mozart was Michael and Bach was played by  Robert Duvall.