Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Dancing Divertimentian

Not even Beartók is sacred.

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

North Star

Some might say that Bearhms is a bit of a stretch.

My photographs on Flickr

listener

and other arrangements, or bearbeitungs by Shönbearg. perhaps
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

Dancing Divertimentian

I'm partial to Webearn performed by Bearenboim!

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Dancing Divertimentian

North Star

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on June 08, 2015, 09:05:54 PM
I'm partial to Webearn performed by Bearenboim!
I wonder if Bearezovsky has played von Webear's piano music.  :laugh:

My photographs on Flickr

Peter Power Pop

And Franz Schubeart wrote all those songs. What are those fancy songs called in German? Oh, yeah: Liebear.

Peter Power Pop

I'm having a look through the list of Schubeart's compositions, and there's actually a song called "Abschied. Nach einer Wallfahrts-Arie bearbeitet." Yes, really. It's D 475.

North Star

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on June 09, 2015, 12:16:13 AM
And Franz Schubeart wrote all those songs. What are those fancy songs called in German? Oh, yeah: Liebear.
Unfathomable that I didn't remembear him.

My photographs on Flickr

Madiel

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on June 09, 2015, 12:21:02 AM
I'm having a look through the list of Schubeart's compositions, and there's actually a song called "Abschied. Nach einer Wallfahrts-Arie bearbeitet." Yes, really. It's D 475.

LOL. "Bearbeitet" means "edited". Pronunication is be-arbeitet, in other words "be" is just a prefix to the root word.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Jo498

"arranged" would probably capture the meaning of "bearbeitet" best. The most literal translation would be "reworked" The implication is usually that the arranger or redactor does more than merely edit a piece but less than a complete overhaul.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Abuelo Igor

You must not forget baritone Olaf Bär, who was renowned as a Schubert interpreter. Bär=bear.
L'enfant, c'est moi.

Moonfish

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on June 07, 2015, 10:34:38 PM
I'm really in the mood to do something to that cover. Any suggestions? With polar bears?

I envisioned keeping the Funeral Music title, adding a polar bear on the ice and then suspend the graph with the decreasing Arctic ice data in the sky section. This could be enhanced by a big SUV with smiling passengers and plenty of exhaust next to the polar bear. It would be a best seller, eh?
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Moonfish

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: orfeo on June 09, 2015, 05:22:12 AM
LOL. "Bearbeitet" means "edited". Pronunciation is be-arbeitet, in other words "be" is just a prefix to the root word.

Quote from: Jo498 on June 09, 2015, 05:55:52 AM
"arranged" would probably capture the meaning of "bearbeitet" best. The most literal translation would be "reworked" The implication is usually that the arranger or redactor does more than merely edit a piece but less than a complete overhaul.

Wah. That makes the pun much less fun* than I thought it was to begin with. I was hoping to find a Schubeart composition with at least one "bear" in it, and was full of glee when I found that. And all it means is "edited" or "arranged"? Wah.

(*It's an un-fun pun.)

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on June 07, 2015, 10:34:38 PM
I'm really in the mood to do something to that cover. Any suggestions? With polar bears?

Quote from: Moonfish on June 09, 2015, 10:05:12 AM
I envisioned keeping the Funeral Music title, adding a polar bear on the ice and then suspend the graph with the decreasing Arctic ice data in the sky section. This could be enhanced by a big SUV with smiling passengers and plenty of exhaust next to the polar bear. It would be a best seller, eh?

Maybe I should have rephrased that and said "Any light-hearted suggestions?".

That image you've pictured, Moonfish, is grim, grim, grim. I don't know where whether to call it irony or blacker-than-black humour. Either way, it brings me down, man. I was hoping this thread would maintain its sense of "Let's have fun at the expense of album covers that take themselves way too seriously".

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Abuelo Igor on June 09, 2015, 08:59:20 AM
You must not forget baritone Olaf Bär, who was renowned as a Schubert interpreter. Bär=bear.

Brilliant!

Olaf Bär is the ideal artist to feature on Chandos' Bear Essentials series. (I don't even have to change his name, considering how it's pronounced.)

By the way, the series is pretty meagre. It consists of only ten titles:

CHAN 241-15    HANDEL: CLASSICS 2-CD SET
CHAN 241-19    SIBELIUS: COMPLETE TONE POEMS
CHAN 241-11    WEDDING CLASSICS 2-CD SET
CHAN 241-12    BRITISH FILM CLASSICS 2-CD SET
CHAN 241-13    DINING CLASSICS 2-CD SET
CHAN 241-14    ROMANTIC CLASSICS 2-CD SET
CHAN 241-16    LULLABY CLASSICS: 2-CD SET
CHAN 241-17    REMEMBRANCE CLASSICS
CHAN 241-18    IN MEMORY OF. . . CLASSICS FOR FUNERALS
CHAN 241-23    AMERICAN CLASSICS

(Being Australian, I feel like paraphrasing Crocodile Dundee by saying to Chandos, "That's not a series... That's a series."

Moonfish

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on June 09, 2015, 03:22:54 PM
Maybe I should have rephrased that and said "Any light-hearted suggestions?".

That image you've pictured, Moonfish, is grim, grim, grim. I don't know where whether to call it irony or blacker-than-black humour. Either way, it brings me down, man. I was hoping this thread would maintain its sense of "Let's have fun at the expense of album covers that take themselves way too seriously".

Grim but unfortunately true...   :'( :'(

Anna Lappé

Moonfish

By the way, which label released that album? Bearato?       :P
Anna Lappé