Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonfish

This looks like a corporate meeting room and not a cover for Beethoven's concerto.....     ???

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Artem

Is this real?

[asin]B00XWVIYE8[/asin]

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Artem on June 20, 2015, 04:51:58 PM
Is this real?

[asin]B00XWVIYE8[/asin]

Apparently so.

Yikes!

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Moonfish on June 20, 2015, 04:20:44 PM
This looks like a corporate meeting room and not a cover for Beethoven's concerto.....     ???

That's so... business-like.

And the dude with the cigarette in his mouth. What?

Madiel

Quote from: Moonfish on June 20, 2015, 04:20:44 PM

No, look we're going to do it this way: violin entry first, then cello, then piano. If you don't like it then the deal's off.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: Ken B on June 20, 2015, 01:47:37 PM
Yes, it has a Titanic feel to it!

"Bruckner for the Bottom of the Bay".

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: orfeo on June 20, 2015, 09:22:55 PM

No, look we're going to do it this way: violin entry first, then cello, then piano. If you don't like it then the deal's off.

I read your caption, laughed a lot, went off and had some lunch, came back to the computer, saw your caption again, and laughed a lot again.

Thank you, orfeo.

Jo498

It does look like a provincial 1958 business meeting. The main indication that these are artists is that three of them are not wearing ties.
In any case, Schneiderhan and Anda do look bored to death.
For the originals re-issue they picked the cover of the Brahms double which is boring but not quite as bad and Schneiderhan is almost smiling.

[asin]B0006ZFQN0[/asin]

Apparently there was also a nicer cover for the triple in some other LP issue:

Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Luke

Fine, but give me a stuffy-but-sensible Beethoven business-meeting over this sort of thing (not classical, I know, but to give context):

EigenUser

Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Luke on June 21, 2015, 01:47:07 AM
Fine, but give me a stuffy-but-sensible Beethoven business-meeting over this sort of thing (not classical, I know, but to give context):

Ah, I love me some Glam.

It makes me...

https://www.youtube.com/v/OT_gKaipe5g

kishnevi

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on June 20, 2015, 05:26:08 PM
Apparently so.

Yikes!

Amazon thinks this is a recording of Schumann piano works

The three works selected for this recording by pianist Caspar Frantz Davidsbündlertänze, op. 6, his first great piano cycle; Nachtstücke, op. 23, and Gesänge der Frühe, op. 123 are quite dissimilar in some ways and yet closely related in others. Typical of the arch-Romantics, all have as their inspiration a literary source, and all three differently represent Schumanns early creative burst and his somewhat ill-considered latterly decline. Mr. Frantz is an internationally recognized concert and recording artist, with two acclaimed previous recordings for the Ars Produktion label.

Mirror Image

I just had to laugh at this one:

No one told me Rachel Barton Pine was a druid! ;D

ibanezmonster

"Instrument of the Devil?" Cute.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 21, 2015, 08:17:54 PM

I reckon they must be Patrick's hands.

Also: The look on Rachel's face tells me it wasn't her idea to dress up for the cover.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Greg on June 21, 2015, 08:46:59 PM
"Instrument of the Devil?" Cute.

With a title like that, I though somebody was going to make a joke along the lines of:

Instrument of the Devil:

...or...

Instrument of the Devil:

That kind of thing.

By the way, I found the photo of that accordion on a page featuring one of the weirdest things I've ever read on the Internet.

EigenUser

Quote from: Mirror Image on June 21, 2015, 08:17:54 PM

That must be a viola!
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

DaveF

Quote from: Artem on June 20, 2015, 04:51:58 PM
Is this real?

[asin]B00XWVIYE8[/asin]

Mods, you can lock this thread now.  This is it - I mean THE worst looking CD/LP artwork.  (The writeup on amazon.com is gratifyingly wrong as well.)
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Dancing Divertimentian

The Stephen King version of a classic tale?

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Peter Power Pop

How to fill up a picture the easy way: