Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

Is it possible to put in a request with the very talented graphic artists on this thread?

What I'd like is an installment in the K-Tell "Hooked On Classics" series called "Hooked On Darmstadt" (or variations on that idea), keeping the simple neon lines idea, but maybe using something perhaps like symbols from extended techniques in place of the treble clef with fish hook logo.

SimonNZ

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: SimonNZ on July 19, 2015, 03:38:14 PM

I think that can easily be put in the "What were they thinking?" category.

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: SimonNZ on July 19, 2015, 12:13:47 AM
Is it possible to put in a request with the very talented graphic artists on this thread?

What I'd like is an installment in the K-Tel "Hooked On Classics" series called "Hooked On Darmstadt" (or variations on that idea), keeping the simple neon lines idea, but maybe using something perhaps like symbols from extended techniques in place of the treble clef with fish hook logo.

How's this to begin with?

SimonNZ

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on July 19, 2015, 10:01:39 PM
How's this to begin with?

Yes, thank you, that's the idea - but is it possible that instead of the treble clef there could be another simple symbol, typical of Darmstadt notation or work, ideally one that strikes fear into the heart of your average Mozart loving musician or listener?

(I hasten to add that I have nothing at all against either Darmstadt or Mozart...)

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: SimonNZ on July 19, 2015, 10:23:41 PM
Yes, thank you, that's the idea - but is it possible that instead of the treble clef there could be another simple symbol, typical of Darmstadt notation or work, ideally one that strikes fear into the heart of your average Mozart loving musician or listener?

(I hasten to add that I have nothing at all against either Darmstadt or Mozart...)

Righty-o.

I didn't know what "Darmstadt" was. Thanks to the Internet, I do now.

Okey dokey. Let's get some terrifying notation.

Update: I think this will do admirably...

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

SimonNZ

Quote from: North Star on July 20, 2015, 01:10:50 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darmstadt_School

Yup. Something from Stockhausen, probably. Maybe even an image like this on top of the five neon bars, with the title on top of that:

remember the all-important K-Tel logo, and possibly a super-low price sticker

(this is, of course, only if you feel like the challenge - I'm not expecting people to just do whatever amuses me)

Peter Power Pop

SimonNZ

Dude, you're amazing! Thanks for that - I really appreciate the effort!

Now I'm going to test that on some unsuspecting people and see if they fall for it...

Dancing Divertimentian

I'm not sure whether to love it or hate it. ;D

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on July 21, 2015, 06:09:59 PM

I'm gonna have to say love it, it's too daring and bold (and ridiculous) to not appreciate.  ;D

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on July 21, 2015, 06:16:36 PM
I'm gonna have to say love it, it's too daring and bold (and ridiculous) to not appreciate.  ;D

I'm in! ;D

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Peter Power Pop

I'm neither loving nor hating it. For me, it's a "Wha?"

And why is he on the phone?

Also: Why are there two people listed when there's only one on the cover?

Incidentally, here are the details of that recording.

Dancing Divertimentian

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on July 21, 2015, 06:43:00 PM
Also: Why are there two people listed when there's only one on the cover?

He's on the phone with the other one. ;D

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Dancing Divertimentian on July 21, 2015, 06:46:11 PM
He's on the phone with the other one. ;D

Ahhh, I was thinking he was calling for help to get him down. I like your explanation better.

Peter Power Pop

Peter Power Pop

Here's the photo sideways, as it would have appeared originally:

Brian

I love this CD dearly (as my MusicWeb review made clear), but eughgh, the cover.

Usually BIS is so professional.