And They're Off! The Democratic Candidates for 2020

Started by JBS, June 26, 2019, 05:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Quote from: Madiel on October 20, 2019, 03:20:19 PM
This a thread about Democratic candidates. Clinton isn't running, and to think destroying Clinton is an important goal is very weird.

Yes, that is a die-hard obsession of the wackadoodle right.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Muzio

Hey, guys, here is what I'm seeing:

Tulsi Gabbard Elevated in Iowa By Clinton Spat*
AP
October 19, 2019, 8:00 PM EDT Updated on October 19, 2019, 9:05 PM EDT

* Except it ain't no spat.  The game is changing for (stealth 'compromise') candidate H. Clinton.  I been told you...don't underrate what Tulsi can do.  My hope is she'll bring it home to DJT before giving it up to the dem quagmire.

JBS

When you are polling at less than 1%, almost any change can only be for the better.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Madiel

Quote from: JBS on October 20, 2019, 06:41:28 PM
When you are polling at less than 1%, almost any change can only be for the better.

Escaping the margin of error would be quite something, yes.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Karl Henning

Doesn't the Washington Post realize they're supposed to be biased against Bernie?!

Right now, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) leads the Democratic field in net favorability among Democrats and Democratic leaners with 55 percent. He is followed by former vice president Joe Biden with 46 percent and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) with 43 percent, then Sen. Kamala D. Harris (31 percent).
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

71 dB

Bernie Rally at Queens Draws Huge Crowd (25,872) Topping Every Candidate

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 21, 2019, 10:54:23 AM
Doesn't the Washington Post realize they're supposed to be biased against Bernie?!

Right now, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) leads the Democratic field in net favorability among Democrats and Democratic leaners with 55 percent. He is followed by former vice president Joe Biden with 46 percent and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) with 43 percent, then Sen. Kamala D. Harris (31 percent).

Sometimes you just can't smear the facts no matter how much you want...  :P

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

drogulus

I worked in Queens 50 years ago on 164th St in Flushing, as a clerk in the NY Telephone construction department. Sometimes I worked the trouble desk (sb/sb, sheath break/squirrel bite).

I have a feeling that many of the Bernie crowd came from Brooklyn, cutting holes in the barbed wire fence between the guard towers.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Muzio

Quote from: 71 dB on October 21, 2019, 11:13:45 AMSometimes you just can't smear the facts no matter how much you want...  :P

"Oh, Heavenly One, if you can hear my prayer, I beseech you with my outstretched palms.  I only want what 71 dB wants.  Grant us both the gift of Bernie as the dem Presidential candidate for 2020.  Amen."

Muzio

CNN is reporting that President Trump has been notified that he will be impeached.

71 dB

Quote from: Muzio on October 21, 2019, 05:47:38 PM
CNN is reporting that President Trump has been notified that he will be impeached.

Well, Republicans have been turning against Trump recently...

Muzio

Quote from: 71 dB on October 22, 2019, 02:37:34 AM
Well, Republicans have been turning against Trump recently...

Not true...Never Trumpers, etc., have always been against the President.  His rank and file support has never been stronger.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Muzio on October 21, 2019, 05:47:38 PM

That is an error. Though it is certainly true that he tweets out of his persecution complex daily.

Listen to that stuck pig squeal.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

greg

Did he say mean things again or was he found guilty of a crime?
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

71 dB

Muzio

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 22, 2019, 06:22:55 AM
That is an error...

Sorry, not CNN.  It was reported by someone named Nicolle Wallace on MSNBC.

Video at this link: https://saraacarter.com/nicolle-wallace-trump-was-notified-the-house-dems-will-impeach-him/

Nicole sez:
Quote"Donald Trump has been told by close associates that at least one outside adviser that he will be impeached and the only thing standing between him and removal from office is those 53 Republican senators. That's according to a trump ally and outside adviser in contact with this white house, who describes trump's small inner circle as quietly coming to grips with the reality that impeachment is happening and a majority of Americans support it."

SimonNZ

Quote from: 71 dB on October 22, 2019, 11:08:15 AM
Trump compared his impeachment to lynching.  ::)

And that's not even the craziest part of that tweet:

"So some day, if a Democrat becomes President and the Republicans win the House, even by a tiny margin, they can impeach the President, without due process or fairness or any legal rights. All Republicans must remember what they are witnessing here - a lynching. But we will WIN!"

Without due process or fairness or any legal rights??

greg

Quote from: 71 dB on October 22, 2019, 11:08:15 AM
Trump compared his impeachment to lynching.  ::)
Hyperbolic comparison, but (in the scenario hasn't done anything illegal) anyone would be annoyed if people kept trying to make up reasons to fire them.

I mean, if he did something illegal, fine, but if he didn't, it's obvious they are trying to do that because they have no chance next election. Whoever is doing this is trying to undermine the authority of voters.

Quote from: SimonNZ on October 22, 2019, 03:21:23 PM
"So some day, if a Democrat becomes President and the Republicans win the House, even by a tiny margin, they can impeach the President, without due process or fairness or any legal rights. All Republicans must remember what they are witnessing here - a lynching. But we will WIN!"
Oh, right. Metaphors are shocking.  ::)
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Karl Henning

Bad news for both Warren and the "It's got to be Bernie! contingent:

In sum, Democrats do need to excite their base. However, with 33 percent of voters deciding their vote based on who Democrats nominate, 50 percent of Republicans willing to consider another candidate and 54 percent of voters worried about terrorism, Democrats would be wise to nominate someone credible on national security and not considered politically extreme. Democrats should choose very wisely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/21/democrats-cannot-win-merely-by-turning-out-base/
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

71 dB

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 22, 2019, 03:40:12 PM
Bad news for both Warren and the "It's got to be Bernie! contingent:

In sum, Democrats do need to excite their base. However, with 33 percent of voters deciding their vote based on who Democrats nominate, 50 percent of Republicans willing to consider another candidate and 54 percent of voters worried about terrorism, Democrats would be wise to nominate someone credible on national security and not considered politically extreme. Democrats should choose very wisely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/21/democrats-cannot-win-merely-by-turning-out-base/

All of this post is of course nonsense. What created terrorism? Interventionism. So how is anti-interventionism bad in regards of terrorism? Wapo wants corporate candidate so they craft these nonsense articles.