Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philo

"Those books aren't for you. They're for someone else." paraphrasing of George Steiner

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

George

Dancing Divertimentian

Foggy Tuesday morning over downtown Dallas. Click image for larger panoramic view.

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

Jaakko Keskinen

I've always loved that smirk Bach has. He's a great composer and he knows it. :)
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

Ken B

Quote from: Dungeon Master on December 06, 2014, 12:36:05 PM
GMG is partially funded by Google advertising.

Google has strict rules about the content of sites on which it advertises. If a site contravenes those rules, Google bans that site from its advertising program. In the past GMG was banned by Google for some tastefully risqué  pictures, and it took a lot of work to get back in Googles good books.

The images you posted contravene those rules, and I have (with regret) removed them.

Please read our forum guidelines about content that can and can not be posted on GMG.

Cheers
Rob
A sad necessity, but you didn't mail me copies!

>:D

TD
This is not a spiral.

Dancing Divertimentian

That reminds me...is it moving:

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

George

I say yes, it is moving.

North Star

Quote from: George on December 12, 2014, 05:40:33 PM
I say yes, it is moving.
Pfft, it's a jpg, of course it's not moving!  8)  ;)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

The Six

Explain this one, science hotshots.

Ken B

Quote from: The Six on December 15, 2014, 11:42:36 AM
Explain this one, science hotshots.

Pshaw. Even Nate can explain that one!
>:D :laugh:

Moonfish

Perfect for the holidays! I call it "The CDCDCD Maelstrom"!

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

North Star

Quote from: Ken B on December 15, 2014, 12:32:31 PM
Pshaw. Even Nate can explain that one!
>:D :laugh:
+1. Unless he won't listen to War Requiem before Christmas, of course.  8)
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Ken B

Here we have a rare photograph where a newspaper editor's spine is showing (most of them lack one):

The Six

The Six

Jaakko Keskinen

I really like this part in One Piece. It really makes me sympathize with supposed monster. I hope Oda doesn't subvert this and somehow reveal this redeeming quality of Doflamingo was all a lie. I have my fingers crossed. Doflamingo is awesome.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo