Quote from: Coopmv on March 27, 2010, 05:24:44 PM
Now playing CD3 from this set ...

I'm so happy for that box. Really.
Regards,
Navneeth

The new erato

Quote from: Opus106 on March 28, 2010, 12:22:34 AM
No 21 in that box is my favorite cantata recording ever, boy soloist and all, this despite me having 150 discs (at least) of Bach catata recordings.

Christo

Heard the pieces live last night and well, it is pleasant music, well suited for a Sunday morning:

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

The new erato

This is another first listen in my attempts to come to terms with a large inflood of discs this year. I'm hearing Prokofiev, Scriabin and Debussy here without really hearing a distinct personality. But of course further listens are mandated. With new (previously unheard) stuff I usually try to go for three listens, if it doesn't jell I put it in a "to revisit" pile to play after some months to see if anything have happened. Ocassionally it does.

springrite

Rontgen: Cello Concerto #2

Rontgen: Six Early Netherland Dances

(I am feeling Dutch today!)
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Opus106

Quote from: springrite on March 28, 2010, 02:36:56 AM
Rontgen: Six Early Netherland Dances

Something new to explore on a Sunday; thanks. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Christo

... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

springrite

The Dutch transformation of SpringRite continues:

Vermeulen - Symfonie Nr 1 'Symphonia carminum' Haitink - Concertgebouw 1966

(All are downloads provided by the Dutch contingent on GMG)

Coopmv

Quote from: Que on March 27, 2010, 11:57:36 PM
Another run of this - definitely a keeper, I just ordered the other volume.
Good morning! :)

Stefan Johannes Bleicher plays the organ of the Klosterkirche in Weißenau, built by Johann Nepomuk Holzhey in 1784-87.

Q

Morning all.

Q, I read that Stefan Johannes Bleicher is one of the most outstanding German organists of his generation.  I have the following set by him ...

Coopmv

Quote from: Opus106 on March 28, 2010, 12:22:34 AM

56 more CD's to go for me ...   LOL

Que

Quote from: Coopmv on March 28, 2010, 03:32:10 AM
Morning all.

Q, I read that Stefan Johannes Bleicher is one of the most outstanding German organists of his generation.  I have the following set by him ...

Thanks for that!  :) Liszt on the organ, I'm curious. 
And having heard the Bach recording on ebs, Arte Nova should do a Bach cycle with him.

Q

Coopmv

Quote from: Que on March 28, 2010, 03:47:18 AM
Thanks for that!  :) Lizst on the organ, I'm curious. 
And having heard the Bach recording on ebs, Arte Nova should do a Bach cycle with him.

Q

Indeed.  I too, am waiting for more recordings of Bach organ works by Stefan Johannes Bleicher ...

Coopmv

Now playing CD4 - St John Passion from this set ...

springrite

I feel so Dutch now, I am considering changing my name to Ruud van SpringRijte

Now listening: Vermeulen Symfonie Nr 2

abidoful

Well, T-H-A-T'S interesting! Cool cover !!!: D

Christo

Quote from: springrite on March 28, 2010, 04:04:54 AM
I feel so Dutch now, I am considering changing my name to Ruud van SpringRijte

Now listening: Vermeulen Symfonie Nr 2

May I propose to change it into:  Ruud van de Lentekriebels? That would be a bit more convincing.  :D

As to Vermeulen's Second, the question is of course: which performance. I would strongly favour the one by the Hague Philharmonic (`Residentie') Orchestra under Lucas Vis, by far the best IMHO. But perhaps hardly available?

springrite

Quote from: Christo on March 28, 2010, 04:26:11 AM
May I propose to change it into:  Ruud van de Lentekriebels? That would be a bit more convincing.  :D

As to Vermeulen's Second, the question is of course: which performance. I would strongly favour the one by the Hague Philharmonic (`Residentie') Orchestra under Lucas Vis, by far the best IMHO. But perhaps hardly available?

I have no idea which performance since the upload from (?) has no information on this. I am enjoying it nevertheless!

Now listening:

RUDOLF ESCHER
(1912-1980)

Musique pour l'esprit en deuil (1941-'43) (23.32)

Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
conducted by Bernard Haitink

Recorded live on February 25, 2005 in the Concertgebouw, Amsterdam

Henk

Henk